PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt on Tour

daveymck
03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
A posting on the Gutshot website is claiming the Full ilt guys are coming to the club to play in a tournie there in April.

Seems that they are pushing for a UK presence as they seem to be coming over for the British Poker Masters to be shown live on the Poker Tv channel. PLayers they are talking about are Phil Ivey, John Juanda, Chris Ferguson, Eric Lindgren & Howard Lederer, its a big scoop for the Gutshot if they are playing there.

TylerD
03-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Thats if it hasn't been busted by then!

Greg (FossilMan)
03-23-2005, 11:47 AM
PokerStars is also pushing for a broader European presence, so you will see me at the British Poker Open as well. I don't know if the Gutshot club is included, but after the BPO, PokerStars is sending me on a brief tour of UK and Scandinavian card clubs during the week leading up to the World Cup of Poker in London. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

whiskeytown
03-23-2005, 11:53 AM
given the large amount of asians in the poker community/card rooms, I'm surprised the same hasn't happened overseas in the far east - Europe has picked up on the boom, but not the Far East -

ah well - there's enough fish in the sea.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

Greg (FossilMan)
03-23-2005, 01:29 PM
I'm not sure there are any legal poker rooms in Asia. At least, I've heard of none so far. That makes it kind of hard to set up a poker tournament. ;-)

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

drewjustdrew
03-23-2005, 01:36 PM
I think there was a Jan Fisher or Linda Johnson column in Cardplayer a couple years ago about how they went to Japan to basically introduce the game. It might have discussed the legality in Japan at least.