03-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Mucks 10-20.

5 to the flop, Im in the BB with crap.

Flop: 3 3 K two tone.

Checked around

Turn: K o/s

I thought of betting here but pussed. Checked around

River 3

I bet, 3 folded to an old bat who makes sure with the dealer that there's a FH on the board. Upon confirmation, she folds.

Did I mention this was a great game?

b

thirddan
03-23-2005, 07:52 AM
do you want comments?

winning > splitting w/ 1 > splitting w/ 2... > ... splitting w/ 4...

nice hand...

bernie
03-23-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you want comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I just wanted to share it. I couldn't believe all 4 opponents folded. I would've been just happy with 1 folding.

I told Demana tonight. All's he could say was "They all folded!?! No way!!!"

b

thirddan
03-23-2005, 08:01 AM
did you show and then yell "RESPECT" and dance on the table?

hmmm, i just realized how much i would like to jump on a poker table and start dancing...perhaps if i ever win a jackpot...

masonx
03-23-2005, 08:01 AM
one time i was playing 2/4 it got capped 8 ways preflop 6 ways on the flop and 4 ways on the turn. then it got checked around to me i bet and they all folded for one bet.. heh

chief444
03-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I saw two people fold once with an AKQJT rainbow board at a 10/20.

I've also seen a younger guy muck his hand after showdown when his opponent couldn't beat the board in about a $400 pot.

RustedCorpse
03-23-2005, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I bet, 3 folded to an old bat who makes sure with the dealer that there's a FH on the board. Upon confirmation, she folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

The moment these cards hit the muck you must MUST say "Full house on board? my 2's are no good? You all got owned!"
This should insure free drinks later in the evening.

bernie
03-23-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The moment these cards hit the muck you must MUST say "Full house on board? my 2's are no good? You all got owned!"

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a quite a little discussion afterwards. Especially since I didn't show anything. See, if I show a K, I get a FH ticket for a drawing. If I show a 3, I get a ticket for another drawing. When I didn't show and just mucked, and tried to contain the smirk on my face, discussion ensued.

The players not involved in the hand were in disbelief of the other players and razzed 'em about it. It was kinda funny.

The brightest moment in my long, 11 hour losing session.

b

bernie
03-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I felt like showing it. I really did. But not showing it was even better. They got to fester over it for a bit. I explained a little more about it in another response below.

[ QUOTE ]
i just realized how much i would like to jump on a poker table and start dancing...perhaps if i ever win a jackpot...

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't dance on the table when I won my JP. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Added note: The old bat who asked the question on the river? She ended up going into the 20-40 game.

b

bernie
03-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Too funny.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw two people fold once with an AKQJT rainbow board at a 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be real hard not to point and laugh when this happens. It's like, 'How big an effing moron are you?'

Which is basically what I was told when I mucked a winner at showdown because I didn't read my hand right. Maybe my 1st couple months of playing, if that. I b-doored a nut str8 while drawing to something else and didn't see it. Someone called to see my hand. Upon flipping it over the table gasped. Then this chain smoking craggy ol' bitch takes a drag off her cig, exhales and says in her croaky voice, "Don't ya know how to play poker!?!"

Looking back it was funny. At the time I just wanted to crawl under the table.

b

bernie
03-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Now that's respect!

b

chief444
03-23-2005, 09:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Which is basically what I was told when I mucked a winner at showdown because I didn't read my hand right. Maybe my 1st couple months of playing, if that. I b-doored a nut str8 while drawing to something else and didn't see it. Someone called to see my hand. Upon flipping it over the table gasped. Then this chain smoking craggy ol' bitch takes a drag off her cig, exhales and says in her croaky voice, "Don't ya know how to play poker!?!"

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that feeling. I once 3-bet a river at a 6/12 at Mandalay bay with what I thought was the nut flush (and also the nuts). When the opponent 4-bet I realized I better check my hand. I had hearts, not diamonds for a A-high. Of course that was after 48 hours or more with no sleep. I flipped my hand face up, laughed, stood right up and went to bed.