PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with Neteller / Poker Winnings

MadMat
03-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Hi All,

This is not intended as spam, or an invitation to deal, (if I decide to go ahead I'll be buying Ad space) but I'm hoping for some feedback.

The lack of places you can spend money directly with Neteller online got me thinking,

Would anyone out there use a "neteller/poker winnings Purchasing Service" ?

General idea would be that you transfer me cash via either neteller / transfer via a poker room that allows cash transfers and then I purchase your item from amazon and have it delivered directly to you as a "gift"

Obviously I'd have to work out something to get around the trust issue here, at least until I manage to build a reputation for my honesty /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Comments / flames please people!

Mat

Mr_J
03-23-2005, 07:06 AM
So how is this easier than someone withdrawing using a neteller debit card and charging their credit card??

ismisus
03-23-2005, 07:07 AM
one guy already tried, he failed. I think his name was Mike at www.cashoutshop.com (http://www.cashoutshop.com) Search for him, to learn from his mistakes

I guess poker players are too cheap to spend their bankroll on junk. You better have a good business model. I wish you good luck.

MadMat
03-23-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So how is this easier than someone withdrawing using a neteller debit card and charging their credit card??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not.

but there seems to be a large number of people on here who are looking for ways to sidestep US gambling taxes. A transfer to me on party / UB etc wouldn't be visible to the US authorities, and I don't believe a gift from a friend who happens to live in the UK would be taxable . . . "

Mat

Dariel86
03-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Don't think that would be a too great buissnes...

GrannyMae
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
but there seems to be a large number of people on here who are looking for ways to sidestep US gambling taxes.

so you want to open a tax evasion, money laundering store for US residents?

MadMat
03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the general gist of the idea I had in the bath this morning yeah. I prefer to call it tax avoidance rather than evasion though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, don't think it actually qualifies as money laundering, my understanding of that is that for money to be "laundered" it would need to have been generated by illegal activity in the first place (or is online poker illegal in the land of the free?) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Although I'm not fussy about it being US residents, I believe amazon would be happy to deliever to most places where gambling winnings are taxed.

I Don't believe I would be breaking any UK laws offering this service as long as I declare any profits I made for income tax. (but I am not a lawer.)

Mat

jon593
03-23-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the general gist of the idea I had in the bath this morning yeah. I prefer to call it tax avoidance rather than evasion though /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, don't think it actually qualifies as money laundering, my understanding of that is that for money to be "laundered" it would need to have been generated by illegal activity in the first place (or is online poker illegal in the land of the free?) /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Although I'm not fussy about it being US residents, I believe amazon would be happy to deliever to most places where gambling winnings are taxed.

I Don't believe I would be breaking any UK laws offering this service as long as I declare any profits I made for income tax. (but I am not a lawer.)

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt be breaking uk law but you would be breaking a whloe lot of us laws. i dont know about everyone else here but ill pay my taxes if it goes toward getting our troops [censored] they need. and i think most would agreee its just not worth the trouble not paying them and taking a chance at being audited and possible jail time.

for the record "the land of the free" doesnt apply anymore as of 9/11/01. we are freeer than most but not completely free

MadMat
03-23-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

wouldnt be breaking uk law but you would be breaking a whloe lot of us laws. i dont know about everyone else here but ill pay my taxes if it goes toward getting our troops [censored] they need. and i think most would agreee its just not worth the trouble not paying them and taking a chance at being audited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good on you, I quite agree, I happily pay my taxes here in the UK, and after having both my kids born via emergency c-sections on the good old NHS feel I get excellent value for what I'm paying! (dread to think what that would have cost me in a country without a public health system)

OTOH if theres guys out there who are planning on avoiding the taxman I see no harm in making a quick buck off them for myself!

The lack of positive comments is already convincing me this whole idea is probably not going to work anyhow!

Mat