PDA

View Full Version : Hello! On the "Theory of Poker" forum,one player said that...

SittingBull
03-23-2005, 06:49 AM
he will down load "Poker Tracker". What in the world is he talking about? Is this some kind of software that is considered "cheating". /images/graemlins/blush.gif
SittingBull

mshalen
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
Poker Tracker is a program that tracks all the hands you and your opponents play and anylizes them. It is too involved to go into here. go to pokertracker.com for a full description. Unfortunately poker tracker only covers holdem and omaha. It would be an excellent tool for stud. IT IS NOT CHEATING.

PoorLawyer
03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker Tracker is a program that tracks all the hands you and your opponents play and anylizes them. It is too involved to go into here. go to pokertracker.com for a full description. Unfortunately poker tracker only covers holdem and omaha. It would be an excellent tool for stud. IT IS NOT CHEATING.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant believe you gave a serious answer to this troll post.

Andy B
03-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I sincerely doubt that this was a troll.

PoorLawyer
03-24-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well given the post before this in another thread where he said something like using any method to win money isn't cheating, it seemed like a logical conclusion.

BeerMoney
03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well given the post before this in another thread where he said something like using any method to win money isn't cheating, it seemed like a logical conclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he's 61 years old. So, he doesn't understand about computers and such strange things. Although, I'd have to guess he's using one.

Andy B
03-25-2005, 01:52 AM
I am probably not the best person to deal with this kind of question, but no one else seems to be stepping in. Poker Tracker is a program that takes your hand histories and gives you all kinds of information about how you play your hands and your opponents. Its use is not considered cheating by anybody I know of.

The program that was being debated before apparently can keep track of your up-cards in stud so you don't have to. Since at least one site has banned it, I would say that they consider this program cheating. Since they are the ones who can ban your ass and freeze your account, I would say that their opinion carries a certain amount of weight in this matter.

I don't think it's very difficult for a poker site to see what other programs you're running. They know you're running their program, for example. And if you were to set things up so they couldn't see what you were running, I do believe that they can turn around and disable their software.

MelchyBeau
03-25-2005, 10:59 PM
with UB you can actually see what upcards were played. If you go to the hand history and move the history to the current hand you can review what the upcards were and the betting history of that hand.

Melch