PDA

View Full Version : How's my line here?

GemiNiveK
03-23-2005, 03:25 AM
CO is LA-P. SB is LA-A.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

I wanted to pump the flop, but I thought from past plays that one (or both) of them would pounce on the queen if I left it alone so I went for the check-raise. I figured SB had a queen when he raised and put me on the other queen when I re-raised. I figure he was going for a check-raise on the turn and I was tempted to take it right then and there but wanted him as confident as possible. I was a little worried (ok, a lot worried) when the king came out on the river, but had to cap with this LA-A jerkoff. Results later...

college_boy
03-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Bet the turn. Checking doesn't accomplish anything if you put him on a queen.

xxxxx
03-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Bet the turn. I put him on a Q too. He'll at least call and probably raise.

jason_t
03-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Bizzle the tizzle.

PancakeBoy
03-23-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bizzle the tizzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

No fancy plays!

Also who's the chick in your avatar? I see her in other avatars too...

admiralfluff
03-23-2005, 04:09 AM
I think an open fold on the turn would make him even more confident, and you probably could have gotten like eleventy bets from him on the river.

Seriously though, if you put him on a queen, and think he's going for the check-raise, fall for it, it is by far the best option.

you bet, he raises, you three bet, he calls down, you get 4BB. If his Q kicker is bad, he may just call your river raise. you get a maximum of 4BB, often 2BB. Worst case: you gave him a free chance to hit a higher boat.

Also, if you think he has a Q but is worried about his kicker, he might just call down if you bet on the turn, but he probably isn't 3 betting the river if you check through the turn, you get 2BB bets either way.

jason_t
03-23-2005, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No fancy plays!

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say "chizzle the tizzle," I said "bizzle the tizzle."

[ QUOTE ]
Also who's the chick in your avatar? I see her in other avatars too...

[/ QUOTE ]

She is Alizee, and she is fine. Unbelieveably fine.

BreakEvenPlayer
03-23-2005, 06:49 AM
fold PF you need a limper ahead of you here bro.

cold call two on flop, see if CO will pump some more or at least keep him in with his weak cheese.

no way in hell you checked this turn with position? you did? damn you really gotta stop doing that son, someone else in this thread explained it well.

nice river cap, you got him beat. since you didn't bet turn he's in love with his queen that he was going to checkraise you on turn with and you would have probably scored 1 or 2 more BB's off of him.

Alexthegreat
03-23-2005, 06:57 AM
Fold or raise preflop...Limping in with 33 in late middle position is pure unadulterated weaksauce...

Uh, and yeah, like everyone else has said...bet the freakin' turn!!

It's like...he can't wait to give you his money, and since he's aggro, you're probably going to get capped on the turn, and then a chance to raise on the river....boo-ya...

Oh, and if villian rolled QK for the rivered boat, I would almost have to say, "serves ya right"

sfer
03-23-2005, 11:57 AM
I like one street.

somapopper
03-23-2005, 12:49 PM
you're gonna lose money on 33 long term if you call here preflop.

I like the flop 3-bet, cause of the 2 flush board, o/w I'd cold call.

check raise is better on the turn. Somebody with a hand like aq or kq could cap it with you right here.

So... If I'm 3-bet on the river, I'm probably just calling. Villan has to have at least thought about a boat by now, and I think I'm showed the winning hand by someone who 3-bets here (if the turn action was heavy) more than 50% of the time.

That said, I like capping the river given your turn play.

hate
03-23-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like the flop 3-bet, cause of the 2 flush board, o/w I'd cold call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this by other people, and I just don't understand the rationale. A flush draw is not folding ever, so why is a 2-flush board going to point you towards a different play? Are you really going to wait for a turn "safe" card before pumping your currently winning hand?

rmarotti
03-23-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like one street.

[/ QUOTE ]

MercTec
03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
I was gonna say the same thing.....and its the river.

I think this is a fold PF
Call the flop raise
Pop the field on the turn

lmbree
03-23-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't want to just jump on... but that turn check...

GemiNiveK
03-23-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured SB had a queen when he raised and put me on the other queen when I re-raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied. You know, I really didn't think he had a queen but rather representing a Q was raising to show more aggression than a simple button-call. I figure he projected that same thinking onto me when I re-raised. If he really had the queen and had a decent kicker at all, he probably would have capped the flop. But instead he called. When he didn't bet the queen I thought "OK, he probably doesn't have one, and I don't want to scare him away by telling him I have one." Hence the check-through. I was really tired when I first posted this. Went back and read it today and thought, "hmm...that's not how it played out in my head at the time." Anyway, here's how it played out...

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Hero has 3s 3h (full house, threes full of queens).
Outcome: Hero wins 15 BB. </font>

GemiNiveK
03-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn. Checking doesn't accomplish anything if you put him on a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wrong in my first post. I didn't really think he had a queen. See my follow-up.