PDA

View Full Version : When a dudes getting bullied and shoots up his school

jimymat
03-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Marilyn Manson all over CNN and being blamed for the MN. school shooting. Im 28 years old and dont listen to his music but I feel bad for this guy. Blamed for everything and just like Em said " where were the parents at". Media's got it twisted. Thats all.

pshreck
03-23-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm sure he could care less what anyone says or thinks about him.

wacki
03-23-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction, I guarantee you this media coverage will give him sales.

jimymat
03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
True. My neighbor was wining about MM when the coumbine shootings happened. How they should ban his music. I mentioned the first amendment thing and he starts blabering about MM's job as a role model. FYI his sons been arrested on numerous counts and he blames the TV. Never thinks about looking at himself as a role model. I hope MM doesnt let it get to him. If i remember correctly MM donated money to the columbine familys to help out.

GrekeHaus
03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blamed for everything and just like Em said " where were the parents at".

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not around, or he would have shot them too.

jdl22
03-23-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction, I guarantee you this media coverage will give him sales.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which makes the statement (unintentionally) correct.

plaster8
03-23-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember the stories correctly, his dad killed himself a few years ago and his mother is in a nursing home somewhere after suffering brain damage in a car accident.

Of course, having a shitty childhood is no excuse for killing nine people, but that's "where the parents at."

wacki
03-23-2005, 03:41 AM
I would think he would be happy he was hated then.

Bahhhh.. Now we are argueing semantics. I hate english class. *Wacki opens up a beer*

jdl22
03-23-2005, 03:43 AM
It's not that complicated, if he is happy about it that indicates that he could care less (ie has a positive amount of caring).

plaster8
03-23-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would think he would be happy he was hated then.

Bahhhh.. Now we are argueing semantics. I hate english class. *Wacki opens up a beer*

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Opening a beer in English class would have made it so much more palatable. Why didn't I think of that? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edge34
03-23-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard somewhere that the kid shot his grandfather, whose guns and car he took in order to do this bullshit.

wacki
03-23-2005, 03:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not that complicated, if he is happy about it that indicates that he could care less (ie has a positive amount of caring).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he wants certain groups to hate him. Publicity = $$$$. Therefore, he does care what they think, he just doesn't care about their feelings. Bahh... more semantics... *Wacki opens a bottle of wine*

GrekeHaus
03-23-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard somewhere that the kid shot his grandfather, whose guns and car he took in order to do this bullshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

He killed both of his grandparents.

Edge34
03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He killed both of his grandparents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for confirming. I haven't read all the stories, in part because its been a ridiculously busy week, and also because hearing stories about sick fucks like this kid just makes me sick. I can't imagine the amount of problems some kid has to have to convince himself that it would be a good idea to kill his grandparents, a guard, a teacher, and students...just repulsive...

Cory Neely
03-23-2005, 04:23 AM
i could see where someone would get bullied to the max and get revenge but i dont think there is an excuse for the grandparents being killed.

wacki
03-23-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine the amount of problems some kid has to have to convince himself that it would be a good idea to kill his grandparents, a guard, a teacher, and students...just repulsive...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://members.optushome.com.au/hark/child-molester-web.jpg

jimymat
03-23-2005, 04:33 AM
so your saying its ok to shoot up the school

Cory Neely
03-23-2005, 04:45 AM
'i could see where someone would get bullied to the max and get revenge but i dont think there is an excuse for the grandparents being killed.'

thats my whole post and i dont see where it says its ok to shoot up the school. look at things before you jump next time.

daveymck
03-23-2005, 05:34 AM
MM has made a career from being able to push the buttons of certain elements of the media and christian culture which gives hime sales and credibility with the kids his music is aimed at. He contrary to the media image of him an icredibly intelligent man.

However its the same old story as soon as a shooting happens in the US it gets blamed on metal, not the fact the kids were probably bullied at school or that they had easy access to guns or that their parents didnt do a good job. Its all bullshit, even over here a 16 year old killed his girlfriend and in the trial MM's paintings were shown in court trying to blame music on the way the kids turn out.

Its strange that its always MM that gets blamed and none of these kids are listening to anything more extreme like some of the Black and Death Metal out there that has way more graphic and violent lyrics.

wacki
03-23-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its strange that its always MM that gets blamed and none of these kids are listening to anything more extreme like some of the Black and Death Metal out there that has way more graphic and violent lyrics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words: Civil Lawsuit

daveymck
03-23-2005, 05:43 AM
Maybe, there was that case against Judas Priest a few years ago and that got laughed out of court.

wacki
03-23-2005, 05:44 AM
What is you avatar? Is that from a game?

shant
03-23-2005, 05:47 AM
MM made some good comments about this topic when Michael Moore interviewed him in "Bowling for Columbine."

daveymck
03-23-2005, 05:58 AM
No its Iron Maidens mascot Eddie.

ilya
03-23-2005, 06:05 AM
All these environmental explanations aren't very convincing to me, though bullying probably has something to do with it. Yet of the millions of kids who get bullied every day, only a few ever do something as drastic as this. It makes much more sense to me that the chief cause is genetic.

I dunno, when I think back on my middle school years, some of those kids deserved to get shot.

Ok, maybe not shot, but definitely stomped.

stankybank
03-23-2005, 06:14 AM
"Where were the parents at? And look where it's at
Middle America, now it's a tragedy
Now it's so sad to see, an upper class ci-ty
havin this happenin"

dope song BTW

jimdmcevoy
03-23-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Marilyn Manson all over CNN and being blamed for the MN. school shooting. Im 28 years old and dont listen to his music but I feel bad for this guy. Blamed for everything and just like Em said " where were the parents at". Media's got it twisted. Thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, MM makes a good point in Michael Moore's movie about how no one blames the president or media coverage of Americans bombing the shite out of places elsewere in the world

like there's that video of those american dudes who gun down some people from a gunship or something, many people have seen that

jakethebake
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the way he dresses/looks/acts, I'm pretty sure he's enjoying the attention.

bwana devil
03-23-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, there was that case against Judas Priest a few years ago and that got laughed out of court.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt get laughed out of court. there was a full blown trial. there was an interesting documentary made. it focused on the trial and the family and as one could guess, the family wasn't all that put together.

but judas was sweating the whole trial out. the judge was taking the allegation very seriously about backward hidden messages. there was one part on an album that was supposed to be played backwards to sound like "do it". that's it. do what? dunno.

one thing that won the trial for them was rob halford listened to all their records backwards and played parts in court and there one that sounded like a "i like peppermint chairs" or something silly like that. finally judge realized one could hear any such silly thing backwards on an album.

Bataglin
03-23-2005, 10:39 AM
I always blame MM everytime some sucker hits his two-outer on the river.

jakethebake
03-23-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always blame MM everytime some sucker hits his two-outer on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daveymck
03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt get laughed out of court. there was a full blown trial. there was an interesting documentary made. it focused on the trial and the family and as one could guess, the family wasn't all that put together.

but judas was sweating the whole trial out. the judge was taking the allegation very seriously about backward hidden messages. there was one part on an album that was supposed to be played backwards to sound like "do it". that's it. do what? dunno.

one thing that won the trial for them was rob halford listened to all their records backwards and played parts in court and there one that sounded like a "i like peppermint chairs" or something silly like that. finally judge realized one could hear any such silly thing backwards on an album.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I meant there was a trial but was ludicrous once the evidence was put forward. Ok laughed out was an overstatement. But its scary to me that particulary in America (but it happens here as well) right wing and conservative minded people try and bame culture for the ills of their kids when is is usually the failures of the parents and some people are just mental that causes these incidents.

Its always metal that gets picked on for these things as well even though you tend to find more fights etc happening at mainstream music clubs and pubs thna at metal clubs and nights, in my experience anyway. I used to go to quite a few biker nights and they are the nicest kindest people you could ever hang out with.

bwana devil
03-23-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats what I meant there was a trial but was ludicrous once the evidence was put forward. Ok laughed out was an overstatement. But its scary to me that particulary in America (but it happens here as well) right wing and conservative minded people try and bame culture for the ills of their kids when is is usually the failures of the parents and some people are just mental that causes these incidents.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. im sure it easier to point the finger at some outside influence than their own inner circle but it would seem common sense and personal responsibility would take over at some point. people dont always make rational decisions. factor in that they're grieving parents and i guess youre going to get some outrageous decisions every once in while.

The Yugoslavian
03-23-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe not shot, but definitely stomped.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about having their houses egged?

Yugoslav

GrekeHaus
03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you play Stairway backwards you can hear him say very clearly "Oh my soul I wish it would snow." If you're more creative you can hear "Satan I wish I was a brother to thee." Also, the song just sounds [censored] cool when played backwards.

jimymat
03-23-2005, 08:52 PM
1.The kid was getting bullied.
2.The kid shoots up the school.
3.Brillant reponder comments "I COULD SEE WHERE SOMEONE WOULD GET BULLIED TO THE MAX AND GET REVENGE"
4.Original poster reads whole posts and see's that Cory Neely is a freaking Donk who needs to look at his own posts before coming of with Donk like remarks.

My final analysis= Please close your account with 2+2, open an account with My Space and start posting in the game section. You may now join the hot tub.