PDA

View Full Version : A7s, Q9x twotone board vs blinds.

Trix
03-23-2005, 03:06 AM
Going through the hands I have requested the last couple of days, think both were loose, but dont remember really.

Is it ok to check this flop ?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

DrGutshot
03-23-2005, 03:14 AM
I play it exactly the same as long as you were gonna check behind the river which I'm sure you were going to do.

-DrG

Rico Suave
03-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Trix:

I assume you bet this turn, even with 2 opponents, b/c the coordination of the board, in combination with the lack of any aggression by your opponents, makes it likely they are calling with draws and your A high might well be good?

I dunno. I would almost always check behind with 2 opponents on that board. Once they both call on that flop, I figure that it is rare to take it down with a turn bet....I will get popped a decent amount of the time if I do bet......I am not so sure that I am ahead very often here (I think this might be a fundamental "weak" problem with my play) and if I am behind, I likely have 3 outs at bets. Am I the only one who thinks this way?

--Rico

Trix
03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
If I bet the flop, then I bet the turn aswell. I can see arguments for a flop check though.

I think I have given too many pots away by checking the turn 3way on a drawy board.

Here is a thing I didnīt think about some time ago:

When you bet the flop, they get 7-8:1 and can call with any pair, so when you get two calls on the flop, often someone will just have called to try and hit their 5 outer since itīs 3way.

I used to think that, well, both sure isnīt folding, but they dont need to. You just need to get rid of the guy with the pair, so you can win when the guy with the draw doesnīt hit.
If both has draws, then you get value /images/graemlins/smile.gif

There is ofcourse a risk of getting raised off the best hand or not getting a shot at your x outs. That isnīt that important in this particular hand as itīs not that great anyuway, if you had AK it would suck much more to get check-raised, but you probably still have to bet. You could check that heads up though.

Just something to think about.