PDA

View Full Version : Where is the easiest money?

AnyTwoCanLose
03-23-2005, 01:53 AM
At which games do you geniuses think that the easiest money is to be had?

Tourney or ring?

Limit or No-Limit?

More profit in No limit for a truly special player, but easier to make a profit in limit?

fimbulwinter
03-23-2005, 02:03 AM
1. ring games for sure
2. depends on bankroll and tolerance for variance

that said, SSNL games are hard to beat in terms of earn rate per bankroll dollar and low relative variance

fim

Niediam
03-23-2005, 02:50 AM
Limit Omaha Hi/Low 8 or better. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But for holdem I personally ring games to be far more profitable than tournies and limit to be more profitable than no limit (yet quite a bit harder as well).

They are all very profitable however if you put the work into the games and I would suggest picking whatever you enjoy playing the most for now.

Niediam
03-23-2005, 02:52 AM
I forgot to add that a lot of people (including myself) have found that shorthanded limit can be much more profitable than a full game. I have a higher BB/100 at shorthanded and of course you get to play more hands per hour.

einbert
03-23-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I forgot to add that a lot of people (including myself) have found that shorthanded limit can be much more profitable than a full game. I have a higher BB/100 at shorthanded and of course you get to play more hands per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

The most profitable game I have found so far is the 5/10 6max on party. I'm making more 4-tabling it then I was 8-tabling the 3/6 full.

admiralfluff
03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The most profitable game I have found so far is the 5/10 6max on party. I'm making more 4-tabling it then I was 8-tabling the 3/6 full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you had a significant downswing yet? I think the swings in this game are much higher than at 3/6 full, and they make me want to cry. If I was playing poker as a full time job (as I plan to this summer) I would certainly play 5/10 6max. As a fulltime student, I find it much more profitable (including value of my mental health and sanity) to 2-4 table 3/6 full, watch TV, nihongo no shukudai o suru, etc...

MonkeeMan
03-23-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that said, SSNL games are hard to beat in terms of earn rate per bankroll dollar and low relative variance

[/ QUOTE ]

fim, please clarify. Are you using "hard to beat" in the "can't find much better" or "very tough" sense? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bicyclekick
03-23-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but sh is way harder than full ring. The guy is looking for ez money.