PDA

View Full Version : Personality Test

MEbenhoe
03-23-2005, 01:21 AM
For one of my classes our teacher had us take a personality test and we had an expert on analyzing these tests come in and break down our test results and what they meant. It was the MBTI test for anyone familiar with it.

In this test you answer questions to rate you in 4 different categories(bold letters are letter that stands for that category):

Extroverted vs Introverted
Sensing vs iNtuitive
Thinking vs Feeling
Judging vs Perceiving

You then use the categories you fall into as your personality type to divide into one of 16 categories. I personally fell into the ENTP type. What I found interesting was the breakdown listed of what ENTP types tend to be like:

"Quick, ingenious, stimulating, alert, and outspoken. Resourceful in solving new and challenging problems. Adept at generating conceptual possibilities and then analyzing them strategically. Good at reading other people. Bored by routine, will seldom do the same thing the same way, apt to turn to one new interest after another."

1. From this description, I would think it very highly possible that a large number of winning poker players fall under the ENTP type personality. It just seems like such an accurate description to me.

2. The last part did nothing but confirm my fears that I'm never going to be able to handle working a regular 9-5 type job. The expert guy even mentioned that my type tends to not be able to handle 9-5 jobs. So I guess when I actually get around to figuring out a career I should probably take that into account.

Don't know if anyone cares, just found this stuff really interesting, and was amazed at how accurately a simple test was able to describe me.

Discuss?

mason55
03-23-2005, 01:26 AM
This has been discussed at length in the psycho. forum. Something about ENTP is the perfect poker B-M personality.

Jack of Arcades
03-23-2005, 01:27 AM
The vast majority of poker players are INTJ.

Edit: On here. Winning ones, like in chess.

MEbenhoe
03-23-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The vast majority of poker players are INTJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could probably make a case for any NT type being a good type for poker, but yeah INTJ makes a lot of sense.

Jack of Arcades
03-23-2005, 01:31 AM
Right, the NT is most important.

Clarkmeister
03-23-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed at length in the psycho. forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search, there are at least 2 very good long threads in there.

Jack of Arcades
03-23-2005, 01:34 AM
They're some of the most interesting threads I've read on here.

MEbenhoe
03-23-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed at length in the psycho. forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do a search, there are at least 2 very good long threads in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

archives or recent and what keywords do you suggest?

Clarkmeister
03-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Search both - recent archives are more likely to have them though. ENTP and/or INTJ should do the trick nicely. Those don't exactly pop up in every day threads.

nothumb
03-23-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Right, the NT is most important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

NT

Jack of Arcades
03-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Poker and Personality... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=733891&page=&view=&sb =5&o=&vc=1)

I can't find the related poll. Rest assured the results were overwhelmingly INTJ, with a few INTPs, some ENTs, and not very many others

housenuts
03-23-2005, 06:26 AM
so feeling has no value in poker?

i'd think some of the greats play alot more by feel than by thinking