PDA

View Full Version : Not a bad Joke

Zeno
03-23-2005, 12:57 AM
A salesman was driving home from one of his business trips in Northern Arizona when he saw an elderly Navajo man walking on the side of the road.

As the trip was a long and quiet one, he stopped the car and asked the old Navajo if he would like a ride. With a word or two of thanks, he got in the car.

After resuming the journey and a bit of small talk, the Navajo man noticed a brown bag on the seat next to the salesman. "What's in the bag?" asked the man.

The salesman looked down at the brown bag and said, "It's a bottle of wine. I got it for my wife."

The Navajo man was silent for a moment, and then speaking with quiet wisdom said:

"Good trade."

istewart
03-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I'd recommend just starting an Indian joke thread.

mason55
03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
It would just be a decent joke, but the Navajo part takes it to a whole new level.

ThaSaltCracka
03-23-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It would just be a decent joke, but the Navajo part takes it to a whole new level.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, I am not sure what to think. Damn you Zeno.

NotInchoateHand1
03-23-2005, 01:02 AM
Not bad at all. You are in rare form this evening.

My Navajo joke:

Prior to the lunar missions, NASA astronauts were training in the Arizona desert, simulating conditions on the moon.

A very old Navajo man, accompanied by his grandson, came upon the training site. Translating through his grandson, he inquired into what was going on.

A NASA official, siezed with the beauty of the PR moment, explained in detail the historic importance of this site and the lunar missions in general. After listening diligently to his grandson's translation, the old man asked if he couldn't, perhaps, send a message to the moon.

Further delighted, the official quickly scrambled up a recording deck and set it before the old man.

The old man leaned down into the mic, whispered a few hoarse words, and walked away.

The official chased after them---"What did he say? What did he say?" he beseeched the grandson. The grandson merely smiled and nodded, continuing on his way.

Finally the official found a site crew member, recruited from the area, and got him to translate.

The message?

"Watch out for these pricks, they'll take your land."

Asufiji2004
03-23-2005, 01:03 AM
This is a pretty old bumper sticker

"I got a gun for my wife, best trade I ever made"

jakethebake
03-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Don't sell it short. That's an incredibly bad joke.

theBruiser500
03-23-2005, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mason why does "navajo" make this better than a generic indian joke

tek
03-23-2005, 11:12 AM
A salesman was driving home from one of his busines trips in (insert State of choice here) and his car broke down.

He went to the farmhouse a half mile away and asked if he could spend the night until the auto repair shop in twon opened the next morning.

The farmer said yes, but you'll have to share my son's room.

The salesman said "Sorry, I'm in the wrong joke".

Get it? I'll let others elaborate.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif