PDA

View Full Version : My table (picture included)

cab4656
03-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Any comments? My dad and I just made this. First table we made. The image is kind of fuzzy, but you get the idea.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/cab4656/pokertable2.jpg

ram1962
03-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Nice looking table. What did you use for the playing surface? It looks like Moleskin or possibly Faux Suede.

cab4656
03-23-2005, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Faux Suede.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that is it.

SQUi5HiiFiSH
03-23-2005, 02:24 AM
super job!

how much did it cost you? and how much time it take you(in hours) considering it was ur first..?

cab4656
03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
super job!

how much did it cost you? and how much time it take you(in hours) considering it was ur first..?

[/ QUOTE ]

It cost maybe, eh, $100 tops. We already had the wood part of the table with legs from another project, so we just trimmed it up and cut out the oval. We had to buy a couple different pieces of Naugahyde for the rail because we messed up the first time (didn't stretch it properly).

As for the time, we've actually been working on it on-again, off-again since December. It was just this week that we decided to finally get it done. I'd guess maybe 25 - 30 hours.

House of Payne
03-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Table looks great! In fact, it looks so good that it is time to upgrade from dice chips. Think how good it would look with a set of Paulson Egyptians to replace those dice chips. That would be top shelf! See this thread:

http://www.lightningsolutions.net/chiptalk/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20

SamIAm
03-25-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Table looks great! In fact, it looks so good that it is time to upgrade from dice chips.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. "It looks so good that it's time to upgrade"? That's quite the hard-sell.

However, that table is so well constructed, I think you should seriously consider buying more life-insurance. What would happen to your table if, god forbid, you were to fall ill of suffer a horrible accident? We at Sam Life Inc. are here to fulfill all your insurance needs. That would provide piece of mind AND financial security!
-Sam