PDA

View Full Version : Reckless or correct?

kurto
03-22-2005, 11:48 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($33.65)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($17.9)</font>
UTG+1 ($94.7)
UTG+2 ($27.6)
MP1 ($20.3)
MP2 ($35.9)
MP3 ($28.5)
CO ($27.45)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($26.75)</font>
SB ($19.9)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $6, MP3 folds, CO folds.

Turn: ($15.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls $11.65 (All-In).

River: ($39.15) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $39.15

Reef
03-23-2005, 12:39 AM
fold preflop

flop raise is fine, you have a monster hand

turn bet looks ok

kurto
03-23-2005, 12:50 AM
fold preflop? I find that curious only because... I'm unlikely to be raised AND there's several stacks with over 100BB. For short stacks, I would completely agree, but with deep stacks, with position and enormous implied odds... its not worth 1bb?

edge
03-23-2005, 12:52 AM
I'd like stacks to be a bit bigger to make that call preflop (150 BB?), but it's not too bad.

poboy
03-23-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop? I find that curious only because... I'm unlikely to be raised AND there's several stacks with over 100BB. For short stacks, I would completely agree, but with deep stacks, with position and enormous implied odds... its not worth 1bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat agree with this. The problem is you're looking to make the 3rd nut flush. I think the enormous implied odds are a little deceptive here, as I think a good percentage of the times you will be involved in a big pot you will likely be behind. After your preflop call I like your play. JMO

kurto
03-23-2005, 01:08 AM
Isn't the individual stacks more relevent heads up? ie... if you were going headsup, you'd want your opponent to have a deep stack. In this case, there was likely to be 5 to the flop. Assuming you hit, you may have the opportunity to have multiple stacks going along for the ride.

In either case, I knew it was loose... but for one bb on the button, I'll take a flop and pray for a monster. lol

kurto
03-23-2005, 01:13 AM
true about 3rd nut flush. But I think that's slightly balanced by position. Certainly far from ideal.

Being party... the guy calling from the blinds was actually on a lower flush draw. lol There was no card he could hit that would have won it for him. Love party players.

poboy
03-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Gotta love people who will go all-in drawing dead. I gotta get on Party.

kurto
03-23-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm having my first terrible Party experience. I'm down 2 buyins.

First hand I get dealt is aces, I raise, get reraised by someone with kings, I go all in... he flops a full house.

10 minutes ago, I lost a buyin when I flopped a set of fives, I bet and get called by someone with an INSIDE straight draw... who hits on the river.

Finally, I raise with jacks, get called by 10-K... flop comes 10 high, I bet, he raises me, I reraise, he calls... and the next 2 cards are King and 10.

I know I'm just bitching... but after 3 highly profitable nights... these suckouts are a buzz killer.

TheWorstPlayer
03-23-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Being party... the guy calling from the blinds was actually on a lower flush draw. lol There was no card he could hit that would have won it for him. Love party players.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, your equity is greatest on the flop so you want to get as much in on the flop as possible, with a possibility of someone folding a better queen, so I would raise more on the flop. Second of all, once he calls a raise on the flop (assuming it is more than $4 more to call into a $10 pot - which is what you raised) then I would assume that I am behind and would check behind on the turn folding to a push on the river. My flop raise against a good player is a free card play for the river, not a raise for value since good players don't often bet hands worse than TPWK into a large field. Unless you have a good reason to believe that he is either a particularly bad aggressive player or that he is particularly prone to (over)betting draws.

kurto
03-23-2005, 02:44 AM
"First of all, your equity is greatest on the flop so you want to get as much in on the flop as possible," Good point.

"Second of all, once he calls a raise on the flop (assuming it is more than $4 more to call into a $10 pot - which is what you raised) then I would assume that I am behind and would check behind on the turn" The good player was the one who folded. The guy who called was someone with a VPIP over 50%, a losing player and, I figure since he checked the flop, likely to be on a draw, no?

"Unless you have a good reason to believe that he is either a particularly bad aggressive player or that he is particularly prone to (over)betting draws." I'm confused, the opponent wasn't aggressive at all. He called the entire time.

TheWorstPlayer
03-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Sorry, thought villain was the one who bet the flop. He is loose/bad and your line is perfect except for raising a bit more on the flop. Ni han.