PDA

View Full Version : UKers who listen to grime?

mason55
03-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Anyone around here? I've been listening to the BBC weekly radio show (Pirate Radio I think)for awhile, and listening to some other stuff like that (Dizzee Rascal obviously being the most well known).

What are some popular artists over there? Any good singles I should check out? I'm in the US so this [censored] gets no exposure anywhere.

ThaSaltCracka
03-22-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the US so this [censored] gets no exposure anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ] Thats because it is horrible. Dizze Rascal has to be the worst "rapper" ever. absolute trash, and in fact, Britain can keep that [censored] to themselves.

mason55
03-22-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Thats because it is horrible. Dizze Rascal has to be the worst "rapper" ever. absolute trash, and in fact, Britain can keep that [censored] to themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was supposed to sound like rap, wouldn't they just call it rap then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was supposed to sound like rap, wouldn't they just call it rap then? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] dude, he is a rapper.

mason55
03-22-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, he is a rapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's most definitely an mc. it's dance floor music, not rap in an american sense.

now, i'd agree that he's not a great mc. i only listed him because he's the most famous. there's much better stuff and much better mc's in the genre, which is why i asked if someone from the uk could help me find some other stuff.

ThaSaltCracka
03-22-2005, 10:10 PM
him, I too would be interested in hearing some recommendations, as Dizze Rascal blows IMO, but I would be willing to try out something new.

mason55
03-22-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
him, I too would be interested in hearing some recommendations, as Dizze Rascal blows IMO, but I would be willing to try out something new.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've got a compilation of some stuff that's a lot better than Dizze (he's on there but only one track)... got soulseek or anywhere i could upload it to? It's called Run the Road, took me like 4 hours to find on soulseek this weekend.

ThaSaltCracka
03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
yeah I have soulseek, same name as on here, lemme log on,.

mason55
03-22-2005, 10:18 PM
one min i'll message you and add you to my list

daveymck
03-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Goldie Looking Chain (but they are more a piss take)

I suspect Dizzie and others similar are probably more garage type stuff but its well out of my knowledge. If you look at the BBC web site you can relisten to all the shows and also most of them have their own web page.

imperious
03-23-2005, 06:03 AM
what type of music is dizzie rascal? I have no idea, the best MC's are drum and bass/garage ie MC Skibadee

Go to Google.co.uk and look for MC's/Genre's or internet radio (in UK) and you will get the proper undergorund stuff not the cack in the charts.

If you like Drum and Bass then http://www.breakbeat.co.uk/
they have vids and lots of sets to listen to, it might be your thing, might not but at least it's different /images/graemlins/smile.gif

imperious
03-23-2005, 06:11 AM
Goldie Looking Chain are funny as fck but I doubt they'd get it, I mean a Welsh MC rapping about Chav's and soapbar lol
I think you sort of have to be British to understand what they're going on about but you never know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daveymck
03-23-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goldie Looking Chain are funny as fck but I doubt they'd get it, I mean a Welsh MC rapping about Chav's and soapbar lol
I think you sort of have to be British to understand what they're going on about but you never know /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspected the same but were the only ones that I knew, "Drugs dont kill people rappers do" they should get.