PDA

View Full Version : Datamining?

imported_CaseClosed326
03-22-2005, 09:23 PM
In many posts I have heard alot about data mining. Can anyone tell me what it is and and how it can be used? Thanks.

imported_CaseClosed326
03-23-2005, 12:18 AM
not even a quick little response? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

27offsooot
03-23-2005, 12:24 AM
If u have pokertracker, u can observe hands while u are away from the computer. The data from these hands is "mined" and stored in your database for future use against opponents.

imported_CaseClosed326
03-23-2005, 12:28 AM
Thanks alot. Will PP notice at all if I have several tables open for an extended period of time without playing? Will they even care?

Zygote
03-23-2005, 01:33 AM
no they don't care. you do not sit in the tables, you just leave them open and observe games.

Scotch78
03-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Okay, here's the lowdown . . . you can have five skins open at once. The only restriction is that Party and PokerNow won't run simultaneously (they used to, but not anymore). First, you need to deposit money and play at least one real money hand at each skin (Party, Empire, Eurobet, Intertops, and Multi). Don't forget to sign up for rakeback at Party, Empire and Eurobet (check out the classifieds (http://www.twoplustwo.com/classified.php)). Before installing each new skin, you will need to perform a regedit by selecting RUN from the START menu. Next, find the directory: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Calculator\mode and delete the file "ucid".

After that, you will need to setup Pokertracker. Select "Configure Import of Observed Hands" from the Auto-Import screen. I prefer to keep observed hands separate from played hands, and if you do too, you will need to create a separate database first. Select the desired database, and then add the necessary folders by clicking on the ellipsis under "Folders to be searched:". Change anything else you like, but then you should be okay.

Now all you need to do is open up four tables at each skin and let it run.

Scott

imported_CaseClosed326
03-23-2005, 02:03 AM
That helps a lot. Thanks! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bblock99
03-23-2005, 02:15 AM
Curious as to how you get PP to save observed hands on your computer, or where they are. I can't seem to find them on my computer, it only seems to save them if i'm seated at the table.

stigmata
03-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Observed hands are saved in the top Party folder e.g. C:\Program Files\PartyPoker.

Once you leave the table, I believe they are deleted. So you need to import them before closing the table down.

Silverback
03-23-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once you leave the table, I believe they are deleted. So you need to import them before closing the table down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats correct, so have your Poker Tracker importing the hands every 5-10 mins, as sometimes if the table closes or you get disconnected, the hands are lost.

This is for observed hands only, played hands are stored on your harddrive.

Does anyone really datamine with many skins?

Lost Wages
03-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Does anyone really datamine with many skins?

Yes. I don't datamine much but when I do I use 4-5 skins. Why wouldn't you?

Lost Wages

bblock99
03-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Got it to work, thanks a lot!