PDA

View Full Version : Another JJ post

tree_stump
03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Party NL50 (10 players)

Hero is dealt J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB.

UTG + 1 calls (0.5), MP1 raises to $2, CO calls $2, SB raises to $5, Hero folds.

Easy fold, I think... anyone call this for set value?

btw, not that it matters, but there were 4 players to the flop - all 3 called.

mgsimpleton
03-22-2005, 09:18 PM
WTF are stack sizes??????

tree_stump
03-22-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF are stack sizes??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry... didn't think about it because everyone was close to 100xBB.

UTG + 1 calls (0.5, 47 behind), MP1 raises to $2 (60), CO calls $2 (183), SB raises to $5 (83), Hero folds (77).

I guess based on that $5 would be fine to call for set value... But I'm honestly expecting a reraise behind me.

mgsimpleton
03-22-2005, 09:24 PM
well fwiw, i call that every time... a rereraise is only coming from aces or maaaaaybe kings behind you, and you have no reason to think anyone but the initial raiser would rereraise. now SB has defined his hand so well that if you hit a set, you will definitely take his stack since you are in position. you could also get more money in a multiway pot if you hit a set and people draw on the flop or think Q Q is good too or something. furthermore, JJ is pretty damned high. this is obv. rare but maybe just maybe you will hit set over set. i call this every time.

stankybank
03-22-2005, 11:13 PM
stack sizes?

nevermind. stupid me, I need to start reading all the threads before I respond.

stankybank
03-22-2005, 11:19 PM
You might be up against a bigger pair but I think I still call and try to hit my set and get out if there's heavy action. Fold to reraises before the flop though. Folding isn't too terrible if you've got good reads and highly suspect you're beat.