PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at cleaning outs

og5
03-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Normally I would have folded this on the flop but I decided to continue and try to steal this pot by knocking out better hands. If anyone had reraised I would have folded the flop, but given the preflop action I had everyone on big overcards or big pairs. Was my play correct?

Table is a little loose passive, I sat down recently so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB

ghostwriter
03-22-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normally I would have folded this on the flop but I decided to continue and try to steal this pot by knocking out better hands. If anyone had reraised I would have folded the flop, but given the preflop action I had everyone on big overcards or big pairs. Was my play correct?

Table is a little loose passive, I sat down recently so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks.

Final Pot: 15 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop. It's been raised and reraised and you're out of position with a weak holding that is most likely dominated.

Nick C
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Preflop: I think the limp is okay. Usually I raise AJo first in instead, though, even from UTG. In any event, though, I think you should fold when it comes back two more to you. I pretty much never fold to a single raise after limping, but when it's two more back to me, I start thinking about it, especially when I have an easily dominated hand like AJo.

Flop: It is good, in general, to increase your aggression in big pots. However, you're not going to fold out a PFR and a preflop 3-bettor very often with a single flop raise. That said, you really are in a bad spot here. I don't want to fold two overcards getting an immediate 19:1, but I don't trust either of those overcards, and I'm worried about encountering raises behind me. I might just call and hope for the best. Your raise did achieve a pretty good result, though. I guess you convinced both CO and Button that you had a 6.

Turn and river: I'm not sure what you should do. Unless your opponents both have nothing, though, I doubt you'll be able to buy this pot. On the turn, I'd probably just check.

bobbyi
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Calling two bets cold preflop with AJo is pretty bad.

Grease
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Fold after it gets back to you. You are sure to be badly dominated, and you're out of position against the aggressors. What do you guys think about AQo here?

Fold the flop.

Fold the turn.