PDA

View Full Version : I've lost the receipt, so I can't return my vagina

Scotch78
03-22-2005, 06:24 PM
5/10 is really throwing me for a loop right now, and while I'm definitely getting gang-raped by lady luck and her bride's maids, my play doesn't feel top notch either. My value betting is suffering from the downswings, but I figure it'll rebound on its own. What worries me more is a nagging feeling that I'm folding too much. So, I'm looking for some places to call down where I wouldn't have before.

UTG has loose raising standards, but not fishy ones, i.e. he'll raise with A2 but not 96s.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (LAG) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">LAG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Scott

MAxx
03-22-2005, 06:33 PM
hahahahahahahahah.....ok, might be good.

the only thing i'd like to say is that if you call that turn, i think you gotta call that river. dont call that turn and then fold river. by calling turn, IMO you are committing to showdown unimproved. (unless you happen to have a read that villain will never bet river w/out at least a pair in this type situation)

Wynton
03-22-2005, 06:35 PM
I don't really understand why you just call this the whole way. If you think you're best with A high, then why not raise the flop or turn?

tolbiny
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
because you end up putting in multiple bets when you are behind, but often chase out weaker hands a lag might be willing to bet all the way.

Wynton
03-22-2005, 06:45 PM
I guess it depends if the opponent is lag post-flop as well, or just preflop. So many people are LAG preflop only that I think the raise will let you win the pot right there. But if a raise won't chase him out, I understand flat calling.

Alobar
03-22-2005, 06:50 PM
hahaha, coolest post title.....EVER

As for the hand, yeah I like it. Like Maxx said, you call this turn, you better call the river.

If he is capable of folding hands like A4 or AJ, 22, or even 99. I might c/r this river. But that is hugely read dependant.

Scotch78
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand why you just call this the whole way. If you think you're best with A high, then why not raise the flop or turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm on estrogen therapy, of course.

[ QUOTE ]
because you end up putting in multiple bets when you are behind, but often chase out weaker hands a lag might be willing to bet all the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm losing money when he has a pair, so my profit will come from the times he folds a better hand or puts money in with a worse one. I don't like my chances of getting him to fold a better hand, even a bigger ace, so I'm looking to extract money from worse aces and hands like king-high. Also, since he's holding 3-6 outs when I'm ahead, giving free cards in this pot isn't worrying me.

Scott

Wynton
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm losing money when he has a pair, so my profit will come from the times he folds a better hand or puts money in with a worse one. I don't like my chances of getting him to fold a better hand, even a bigger ace, so I'm looking to extract money from worse aces and hands like king-high. Also, since he's holding 3-6 outs when I'm ahead, giving free cards in this pot isn't worrying me.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part I'm not sure about. There's no telling how many outs your opponent has, since he could have raised with anything. Couldn't he have a draw as well after the flop? Or, could it be a weak enough draw that he might consider folding if you raise the flop?

Scotch78
03-22-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's no telling how many outs your opponent has, since he could have raised with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true, check out my reads.

[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't he have a draw as well after the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot about the flush draw when I was responding to you, so yes. However, he wouldn't raise with any hands that gave him a straight draw. So, he could have a flush draw, especially after the turn, but the vast majority of the time he will have six pair outs, and a fair amount of the time I will have him dominated.

Scott

ggbman
03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
Why exactly did you call the flop? After then, why did you call the turn?

Scotch78
03-22-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why exactly did you call the flop? After then, why did you call the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

As compared to folding or to raising/betting myself? Against a LAG who will raise with some pretty weak hands I think I have enough equity to see a showdown with no paint on the board. I didn't put in any action myself because I don't see a loose player folding better hands often enough to make it worthwhile.

Scott

Kasumeat
03-23-2005, 04:12 AM
I raise preflop, hoping the LAG will cap with A6s so I can get the SB out.

pheasant tail (no 18)
03-23-2005, 05:06 AM
I understand the passive line you're toying w/. in the right places it can be very powerful, esp.against overaggressives who can find a fold when you let them know that they're beat.

I think in the hand in question, if you think that it is right to call the turn, you must be willing to put a bet in on a safe (non-J,Q,K,) river. But you really don't have anything to showdown here. I think AQ up qualifies as showable. Sure, we see jokers all the time push KQ no-pair on the river. But the chances are better that you are beat. Half of the "worse aces" have paired and the better aces have you beat.

If he has a better ace than yours, however, he is likely to fold to a river bet by you.

In a typical 5/10 6max, I think against a loose raiser, you might be getting better than 7:1 on a call, but I think your chances are far superior if you bet and fold to a raise.

I'm not sure that I'd have put a bet in on the turn w/o a feel for loose raiser's play.

PT