PDA

View Full Version : T4s played pretty badly.

SomethingClever
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Preflop is really bad, I know, but this is 1/2 6m and I'm trying to loosen up and practice playing marginal hands against other loose players.

Folded to me in SB with T4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I open-complete (!) and the BB raises.

I call, flop comes T T 4.

I bet, BB raises, I call.

Turn: Doesn't matter. I checkraise, BB folds.

1) Should I 3-bet the flop, or should I have checkraised? Or should I have check/called?

2) I'm really wishing I had led the turn. I think I would have had the opportunity to 3-bet, and maybe BB would have felt "pot committed" at that point.

Thoughts?

DrGutshot
03-22-2005, 06:16 PM
dont 3bet the flop, you played it fine. Maybe you could consider check calling the turn, and betting out the river.

If you're going to start playing more marginal hands, play them in position. Open-completing T4s out of position...I don't like.

-DrG

SomethingClever
03-22-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're going to start playing more marginal hands, play them in position. Open-completing T4s out of position...I don't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha... I said it was bad, didn't I?

Also, I wasn't paying enough attention and I sorta thought there were some limpers.

I considered folding to the raise, but then thought better of it and decided to gamb00l.

wjmooner
03-23-2005, 12:51 AM
I'd have led the turn and hoped he calls you down with Ace high. I think you probably lost a bet here.

WJ

Alobar
03-23-2005, 01:14 AM
I prolly check call the turn, lead the river. Unless hes a calling station or a LAG, in which case I lead the turn, lead the river. If raised on the turn, I c/r the river

Jeff W
03-23-2005, 01:57 AM
I don't think it matters much one way or the other, he probably has nothing he can pay you off with if he folds the turn on that board.

Stop open-completing T4s in the SB though.