PDA

View Full Version : Playing trips in a 3 way capped pot when an A flops......

SoDakJak
03-22-2005, 06:00 PM
Ok...this is my first post, not really sure how to use that hand converter thing? Any help would be appreciated. This is at the only 5/10 full table available on Interpoker, but this hand starts only 4 handed. My question is did I play this hand too aggressively when that A flopped and should have been more worried about pocket A's or did I play too timidly (esp on the turn, maybe to see if someone made a flush or not)? Anyways, like I said, first post here and dying to learn more about this all. Any and all comments appreciated. I will post the results later.....

Game #468826153: Texas Hold'em Limit ($5/$10) - 2005/03/22 - 11:16:53 (EST)
Table "Sao Paolo" Seat 5 is the button.
Seat 1: Egoman ($54.18 in chips)
Seat 3: andyrod sits out
Seat 5: LuckyPro ($254.75 in chips)
Seat 6: SoDakJak ($189 in chips)
Seat 8: Attila ($199 in chips)
Seat 10: luvpoker sits out
SoDakJak: posts small blind $2
Attila: posts big blind $5
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to SoDakJak [9h 9c]
Egoman: calls $5
LuckyPro: raises $10
SoDakJak: raises $13
Attila: folds
Egoman: calls $10
SoDakJak: calls $5
----- FLOP ----- [7c As 9s]
SoDakJak: checks
Egoman: bets $5
SoDakJak: raises $15
SoDakJak: calls $5
----- TURN ----- [7c As 9s][5s]
Egoman: checks
LuckyPro: bets $10
SoDakJak: calls $10
----- RIVER ----- [7c As 9s 5s][4h]
Egoman: checks
LuckyPro: bets $10
SoDakJak: calls $10
Egoman: is all-in $4.18
Total pot is 18 bb.

SoDakJak
03-22-2005, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all the advice and the warm welcome to the forums......it's greatly appreciated guys.....

applej25
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
I think I go ahead and put in a raise on the turn and see what happens. Not a great turn card, but I'd stay agressive.

SoDakJak
03-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Ok... if I bet and get raised....check call the river or check fold? Also, I am interested in where to get this hand converter thing and how it is used....

Nick C
03-22-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I am interested in where to get this hand converter thing and how it is used....

[/ QUOTE ]

You will get better responses if you use the converter. There's a link to it in the "Small Stakes Posting Guidelines" thread at the top of the forum.

Anyway, converted hands are easier to read. Also, it's considered bad form to include your opponents' screen names in a post.

Alexthegreat
03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
did you read the intro to small stakes posting?? It's the first thread on the page...It'll tell you everything you need to know, about the converter, about results, etc...

You'll get more responses if your post is neat and tidy....

Oh, and a friendly tip: Do your homework before you complain...no one here likes a whiner

SoDakJak
03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Ok, thank you. I read the intro page about a month ago when I started lurking here and never reviewed it, I will do that now. Anywho's, thanks for all the advice about posting. See you all on the forums!

applej25
03-22-2005, 07:12 PM
i hate getting 3-bet, but im not going to let the hand go that easily. If they just call I lead out on a non-spade river unless of course the spade pairs the board.

Oh and welcome /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alexthegreat
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
You are welcome.....

As for this hand...Lead the flop, and 3-bet/cap when it comes back to you....I would also lead the turn and call down if you are raised...You have a monster of a hand, and the PFR could easily be pushing AK very hard...The other villian may be on a flush draw and you need to make him pay...I also like leading the turn, because only a flush is going to raise you there....

SoDakJak
03-22-2005, 10:09 PM
The guy that bet on fourth street and the river ended up showing AK for a pair of A's K kicker and the other guy just mucked. I ended up winning with my trip 9's /images/graemlins/smile.gif