PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Set, multi-way pot, lots of flop action.

Burno
03-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Party 50, only been here a short while so only a few reads.

Hero ($67) has 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and limps UTG for .50, loosey ($45) behind me calls, tightish CO($74) minraises, blinds call, I call, loosey calls.

5 to the flop for ~$4.75

Flop 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB (PFR) bets $1, BB calls, Hero raises to $4, loosey pots it to 18.75, CO insta-calls, blinds fold

Hero calls $14.

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot(~60)

Hero pushes $48

What do you think?

My thoughts and results in reply.

Burno
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
WARNING! Results Below

Hero pushes $48, loosey calls, CO agonizes forever and folds. River doesn't matter since loosey was drawing dead with K9.

My thoughts. The somewhat tightish CO coldcalling 18.75 on the flop after a bet, a raise, and a pot sized re-raise really concerned me. I put him on KK or AKc, maybe AA. So I thought that he'd call an all in with two cards to come but he may pass if the turn blanks.

I'm still a bit unsure about this hand. I think my flop raise is a bit small. But I'm more concerned about whether I should've simply pushed the flop.

Burno

xorbie
03-22-2005, 05:51 PM
I think this is probably ok. It's true that there a lot of scare cards out there, but you're probably not pushing anyone off a hand at this point, and someone could be drawing about even with you (OESD + FS), so waiting for the turn is a good way to take down the pot. I'd say it's a lower variance move, not 100% sure if it's +EV compared to pushing the flop.

zaxx19
03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Flop 5 6 K

SB (PFR) bets $1, BB calls, Hero raises to $4, loosey pots it to 18.75, CO insta-calls, blinds fold

Hero calls $14.

Hero should reraise IMHO. Is this a slowplay bc you think youll get alot more later?? Why didnt you reraise here?

zaxx19
03-22-2005, 05:57 PM
This is the exact opposite of the Inside str flush draw hand...YOU DONT MIND CALLS HERE .

If you have trouble with variance of this sort with this hand on this flop....limit might be more your type of game.

Xyeej
03-22-2005, 06:19 PM
After loosey repops it and CO calls, I think you definitely have to push.

In my experience, instacalls are usually draws, and in this case, the CO prob has a flush draw. You can easily put loosy on Kx and after he pots, you can almost be sure that he is willing to go to war. Push and get the CO's dead money in there, he didn't flat call pf w KK.

Tilt
03-22-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hero calls $14.

Hero should reraise IMHO. Is this a slowplay bc you think youll get alot more later?? Why didnt you reraise here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Min raise and cause a pushing fest.

Burno
03-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Listen, I'm a reasonably tolerant guy, but knock off the condescending remarks that litter your posts. That's what OOT is for. This is a strategy board, and besides, I don't exactly see you crushing party 1000.

Like I said I'm not sure if I played this hand correctly, that's why I posted it.

I am not concerned with variance. My BR is more than sufficient for the levels I play. My only concern is maximizing my edge.

Burno
03-22-2005, 06:28 PM
The CO was the preflop raiser.

BobboFitos
03-22-2005, 06:48 PM
i like it, but i dont mind shooting it all in on the flop or going for a turn c/r trying to hook CO in the middle.

theben
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
autopush on flop. the min raise could mean AK or AA just as likely as KK. with the flop having small straight draws and only a min raised multiway pot, you need to protect yourself against somebody with a hand like an unsuited 78, 7c8c 3c4c, etc. push in and live with it. its party, so dont expect AK or AA to fold. best just to get the money in