PDA

View Full Version : AA In a blind battle (6 max)

jhall23
03-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Not sure I like my line in this one. Was working on clearing the March bonus so had a few tables up and my reads weren't the greatest. I know that the BB isn't very good and is pretty loose. Often tries to pick up any pot on the flop when checked to and calls raises PF when he shouldn't. Don't remember If I noticed at the time but going back through the hands he called a $30 dollar stacks 3 dollar raise PF with A7o. I have seen him fold to bets before and tried to make a move the hand right before this and he called with A6 on a 623 board when I raised his weak bet on the flop and then through out another bet on the turn (Q fell no flushes). So this would be the hand that is in my memory at the time.

I think I had to call the river with the odds since this was a blind battle but maybe check calling would have been better.

What about the flop and turn?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button ($31.2)
Hero ($124.75)
BB ($58.65)
UTG ($19)
MP ($58.7)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($26) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($26) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $45.65 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $30.65.

Final Pot: $117.30

Los Feliz Slim
03-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I would reraise the flop...maybe to $25. If you do that and he calls, it's less likely he has A9, I think. Then, you can bet the turn. If he's still around for the river, check/call.

Did he have 76?

jhall23
03-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I'll post results after more replies.

But based on the opponent I think reraing the flop could be great because he could easily have a 2 or 4 outer and overplay it since we are in a blind war. I think I was assuming that he didn't have much and didn't want to lose him yet. I didn't like the nine on the turn and it stalled me from making another bet, but I don't know if that is the best way to approach it. He seemed like a typical bad player so a check from him on the turn could mean he had a 9 as well as a draw and I don't know if betting and having him call would change that.

schwza
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
i like the flop call and a turn c/r push on a non-9 if villain tries to pick up pots.

given the 9 hit, i like the turn check, but i would bet 8 on the river and fold to a push. given your bet of 15, i'd very unhappily call.

Yeknom58
03-22-2005, 07:03 PM
"given your bet of 15, i'd very unhappily call. "

Doesn't the bet of 15 and his opponents push mean he's more likely to be beaten than if he bet 8 and his opponent pushes. Doesn't 15 say..I have a strong hand and I might call if you raise..but 8 could be saying..I have an okay hand and will probaby fold to a reraise.

jhall23
03-22-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like the flop call and a turn c/r push on a non-9 if villain tries to pick up pots.

given the 9 hit, i like the turn check, but i would bet 8 on the river and fold to a push. given your bet of 15, i'd very unhappily call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the plan on the turn to get the money in against this guy. The 9 was my least favorite card to see.

The size of my blocking bets on the river are something I often stuggle with slightly. I didn't give much thought to it here and after the raise back to me looking at the pot size I went "crap I feel a 9 here, but I have to call". The problem I have is I don't think I would ever bet 8 dollars with a made hand here so I feel it would be transparent even to a bad player. Maybe to componsate this I have to make weak leads more often with the nuts on the river as opposed to a typical 1/2 - 2/3 size bet.

Anyway, he flips up 96o and I loose a big one. The money spread around quickly after that, but I was able to get much of it back.