PDA

View Full Version : 1500 People

Theduke211
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Any advice as far as how to carry myself through a 1500 person NL Holdem tourney on Party.... Any advice is well appreciated

MarkD
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Flopping sets is a good start.

Sam T.
03-22-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is terrible advice. I did this in the Stars $215 and the Party $215, and both times another player rivered a str8.

It might work on UB, though.

Sam

03-22-2005, 05:03 PM
I presume you are interested in the low buy-ins at Party. Generally speaking, you will see lots of limping, mini-raises or pushes with only the blinds or small pots which do not justify such LAGgish move in the early goings - mostly in the first 1 or 2 levels. These are the loosies most of whom will be gone by the end of the first hour when about 50% will be weeded out. Basically, play solid poker, and picking up your spots on the first hour and loosening up with timely steals in the second.

I cannot elucidate my thoughts like some of the seasoned veterans in this forum. However, I suggest searching for eMarkM's posts which are some of the best, condensed, strategical concepts that I know of. Lots of posters would agree with this statement. Sorry, I don't know how to make a link. Hopefully some of the more helpful posters will give it to you. Best of luck.

Tim H
03-22-2005, 05:03 PM
no, on UB someone will river a flush

03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very nice especially coming from a Poo-bah. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

zaxx19
03-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Tim must play UB regularly...

Its just too scary really.

MarkD
03-22-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not very nice

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought it was good humored. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
especially coming from a Poo-bah.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize that I was actually a "Poo-Bah" that's kind of scary actually. Of course, almost all of those posts are in small-stakes or mid/high-stakes limit forums so I don't know anything about MTT's.

I know you were replying to me in jest, but I was genuinely a bit surprised. I also think the original poster's question was much too broad - hence my half joking response.

krabby5
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Here's what I do in those low buy-in large multi's..

If I get KK or AA...I just go all in....Some idiot usually calls with a smaller pair or Ax..

ALso during first hour I will try to trap a lot....

My whole goal is to either bust out before the first hour or have a pretty decent stack so as not to be short stacked during the next level