PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds may miss season

RogerZBT
03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Is it wrong that reading this made me happy?

ESPN story (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018994)

A dejected Barry Bonds said Tuesday that there's a chance he might not return this season because of multiple knee surgeries.

"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully middle of the season. I don't know," Bonds said. "Right now I'm just gonna take things slow. I feel bad for the guys because I want to be out there for them."

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
he doesnt feel bad for anybody
maybe he can up his juice dose and get better faster?

MEbenhoe
03-22-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!! Bonds is screwing my fantasy team over hardcore. [censored] drafting at the beginning of March /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nolanfan34
03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!! Bonds is screwing my fantasy team over hardcore. [censored] drafting at the beginning of March /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. At least someone can join me in the "early round draft pick injury" club.

morgan180
03-22-2005, 03:47 PM
because he doesn't want to play w/o the juice and hit 35 home runs and everyone start asking questions.

flame away.

[censored]
03-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Really this could be the best possible outcome. Ruth and Aaron keep their places while Bonds still goes to the HOF as one of the greatest players ever.

Dominic
03-22-2005, 03:50 PM
"I really don't have much to say anymore," Bonds said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted to bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

Barry Bonds is the most disgraceful sports figure of the last 10 years. What a tool.

Jack of Arcades
03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Bonds is certainly polarizing.

CCass
03-22-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We haven't drafted yet, but this certainly changes my perspective on keeping Alou for $22.

PassiveCaller
03-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I think Barry gets a lot worse of a rap then he should. He seems like a person who's bitter at people who don't truly understand the inner dynamics of baseball and are judging him and I don't blame him. I don't feel sorry for Barry and I doubt Barry does either but steroids don't make you great maybe they helped keep his body from dropping off like it has now but he's still a great player...

Look at Jeremy Giambi who confessed to steroids and how his career turned out.

This will suck most for the Giants who suddenly will find themselves with almost no chance of making the playoffs.

wayabvpar
03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
If there is any justice in the world, Bonds will never play another game.

Bulldog
03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Barry Bonds is the most disgraceful sports figure of the last 10 years. What a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are far, far too easily influenced by the media.

istewart
03-22-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are far, far too easily influenced by the media.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seriously. Christ.

razor
03-22-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If there is any justice in the world, Bonds will never play another game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was any justice in the world he wouldn't be the only one getting crucified....

jedi
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I hate Barry Bonds, but there are plenty of people above him on that list.

Mike Tyson
John Rocker
Bill Romanowski

Chris Daddy Cool
03-22-2005, 06:12 PM
all of this bonds hating is absolutely ridiculous.

"justice if he never plays another game" ?

please.

"most disgraceful sports figure in the past 10 years" ?

double please.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 06:12 PM
[censored] Barry Bonds. I don't even care that he was juiced, I just think he is the biggest prick ever.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] Barry Bonds. I don't even care that he was juiced, I just think he is the biggest prick ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

easily said by someone who doesn't actually know the person. i think kobe bryant is the biggest prick in the world, but i would never go off and say i hate the guy because i don't personally know him.

i've actually met barry in person and he was nothing but nice to me and my friends.

istewart
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
CDC wins.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1) Where are you from?
2) What is your favorite baseball team?

I rest my case.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would never go off and say i hate the guy because i don't personally know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is your opinion of Hitler?

You don't personally know him right? Maybe he was a really cool guy and just misunderstood by the media and the gov't.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-22-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1) Where are you from?

I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, I'm from the Bay Area and the Giants are my favorite team. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BUT, Barry Bonds has been my favorite player since the Pirates days.

Secondly, I still like Mark McGwire.

Thirdly, I dislike Jason Giambi not because he takes steroids, but because he left the A's.

Obviously, I don't care much for the steroids issue because I think people overreact to it waaaay to much. It's baseball players doing things to maybe (not even proven to) help themsevles play the game better to entertain us fans who hope to watch great things on a baseball field. I don't get it.

Meanwhile, people are supposed to turn a blind eye with a guy like Kobe Bryant who's been accused of RAPE, claiming its his personal life decisions and he's just a basketball player and we should judge him for what he does on the court? I don't get this.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-22-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would never go off and say i hate the guy because i don't personally know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what is your opinion of Hitler?

You don't personally know him right? Maybe he was a really cool guy and just misunderstood by the media and the gov't.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah because baseball and dictatorship are the same thing. you know what i mean.

Boris
03-22-2005, 06:44 PM
POTD!! comparing Barry Bonds and Hitler. ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Boris
03-22-2005, 06:46 PM
That's exactly it. Bonds is taking the most heat becuase he has an abrasive personality. But the fact of the matter is that many of the good guys in baseball most likely juiced during their career. It's not fair to crucify Bonds just because he is a dick.

SomethingClever
03-22-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's baseball players doing things to maybe (not even proven to) help themsevles play the game better to entertain us fans who hope to watch great things on a baseball field. I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you care about stats, records, history and integrity, then roids are a big deal.

If you appreciate MLB on the same level that one might appreciate WWF, than I can see why roids wouldn't matter.

I'm not trying to be insulting... and I'm not jumping to conclusions on Barry and others... but this is the way I see it.

Currently, baseball is a joke IMO. And not just because of steroids.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
POTD!! comparing Barry Bonds and Hitler. ROFLMFAO!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I actually see a little resemblance too....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Sponger15aa/BarryHitler.jpg

Seriously though, in all fairness, I am from San Diego and like the Padres, and he absolutely crushes them every time.

He sounds pathetic.......yet again.....it would have been hilarious if a reporter handed him a box of tissues. Damn I feel bad for him and his family, oh wait, maybe if he wasn't such a juiced [censored] people wouldn't bother him.

Boris
03-22-2005, 07:10 PM
thank you!

SomethingClever
03-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Ahahahahhhhhahhahahhahahahahahahhhhahahahahha!!!!!

Okay, that's funny.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol nice.

GuyOnTilt
03-22-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid statement.

GoT

z32fanatic
03-22-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

easily said by someone who doesn't actually know the person. i think kobe bryant is the biggest prick in the world, but i would never go off and say i hate the guy because i don't personally know him.

i've actually met barry in person and he was nothing but nice to me and my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't meet him but asked for his autograph during spring training about 10 years ago (I was 8 or 9). There weren't any other people around asking either. He just said "get out of my way" and like brushed past me instead of taking like 2 seconds to make my entire vacation. Yeah, I think he's a prick. Luckily his father was a nice guy and signed a ball. I think it's possible that he doesn't want his stats to decrease. I don't want to think that but after this whole steroids thing, I don't know what is impossible.

Sponger15SB
03-22-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid statment.

ThaSaltCracka
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1) Where are you from?

I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't see how this has any merit here. I am not from the Bay Area, but I have always liked Barry/

Jack of Arcades
03-22-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you care about stats, records, history and integrity, then roids are a big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stats and records have always been tainted, whether it's due to small ballparks, deadballs, bad gloves, medicine, travel, segregation, or the lack of cocaine.

We don't even know how much this helps. I'd like to find out exactly what effect steroids have on ballplayers and ability. But we never will, because drugs are bad, mmmmkay?

Jack of Arcades
03-22-2005, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1) Where are you from?

I rest my case.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Louisiana
2) Atlanta Braves.