PDA

View Full Version : Chasing the gutshot.. or?

ravballz
03-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

BB is a typical fishy 1/2 player. Doesn't realize when to bet and when to fold. Recently saw him play very aggressive with bottom pair in a HU sitation. Pretty aggressive, however often in the wrong places, also a very loose player.

How does this look? The flop semi bluff, flop call, turn call?

Looking back on this hand I feel like a chasing fish, and wonder if especially the flop call should be made

djoyce003
03-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Given your reads on BB you probably could count your 5 and 6 outs collectively as about 1 out on the off chance that he's betting a 3. He could be betting A high as well. If he has the 8, you are drawing dead to your pair outs. Your gutshot is 3 outs, and you pick up any spade as an out on the turn. I think you are justified in the flop call from an implied odds perspective, and you were marginally ok on the turn as well. You are drawing totally dead if he has the full house obviously, which is why you were drawing marginally ok. Assuming no full house or higher flush draw you have 13 outs out of 46 unseen cards or a 1-3.5 of completing. You have to discount that somewhat because of the potential of a higher flush or a full house.

sethypooh21
03-22-2005, 03:30 PM
SB complete is loose, but not awful. Given that you know BB is aggro, probably a fold, as you are more likely then usual in 1/2 to play a raised pot with 6 hi out of position.

Hate leading the flop with just a gutshot. Against aggro, this gets raised every time and you have to call. Plus his insta-raise probably knocks out UTG, driving down you pot and implied odds.

After that, looks good. If he has 88, he has 88. My guess is that he's overplaying A8 or TT-AA.

jayrutz2
03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree, check call flop, don't bet out, your drawing only, and your 5/6 draws are marginal at best.

ravballz
03-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I realize now that semi-bluffing against such a 'maniac' should not be done. Thanks for the reply.

Well, he had A2d, and again raised / overplayed his bottom pair.

sethypooh21
03-22-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I realize now that semi-bluffing against such a 'maniac' should not be done. Thanks for the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
Semi-bluffong vs. Maniac is fine, you just need the right situation (many callers, stronger draw then just gutshot + BD flush.
If there had been two spades on this flop cap it up...

Alobar
03-22-2005, 09:15 PM
dont bet out the flop

If you want a place to semi bluff, then this turn is perfect, c/r that. If he wont ever fold tho, its's a waste