PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Tourney Backer~

Chief911
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Hopefully I wont get flamed too horribly, and I know that this might be better served in the Internet forum, but it is more relevent here.

Due to a combination of longest downswing I've ever encountered in the limit and tourney game, combined with the need to withdraw funds for personal reasons, I'm left with a BR that is insufficient to play tourneys ATM. I'm currently attempting to rebuild BR at the LOW limit tables, but it'll take a while. During this time I'm horribly missing the challenge of tournament life.

Credentials

I believe that I am a successful MTT player. I have won/chopped the 11+Rebuy 5 times. I've had several high finishes in $100 tournaments on both Pokerstars and Party. I finished 1st and 2nd in 2 of this year's 4 KOTZ events. My only live tournament I finished 34th of 350 in the Bellagio 5 Diamond Classic 2k NL event.

Unfortunately, I have not taken meticulous records of my tournaments, so I do not have any kind of ITM%'s or such to show how often I money, etc.

Why not just build it up myself? Because my BR is so small right now, that the variance of MTT's does not make them a viable option to rebuild my bankroll.

I'm looking for someone specifically that would bankroll me in either the PS 11+Rebuys since that is one of my best tourneys/situations, or the $50/$100's on PS/Party, or the "Guarenteed's" that run nightly on Empire. Or if you had something else in mind, we can talk about it.

The backing would be based on the pretty standard 65%/35% split (65% to backer for putting up the $$, 35% to me for the effort and skill, etc). I would not encourage you to even consider this if you A) Dont think I'm a winning player or B) Dont trust me or know me.

Anyhow, I think I've rambled on long enough. If anyone is interested, please PM me and we can chat over AIM/MSN or phone.

~Nick

augie00
03-22-2005, 03:19 PM
Contact me on AIM @ wyt augie

MLG
03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
The Chief911-MLG rebuy tourney challenge extravaganza......

Details to follow.

Che
03-22-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Chief911-MLG rebuy tourney challenge extravaganza......

[/ QUOTE ]

I accept the challenge. Now what is it? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Che

MLG
03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Sorry, the challenge is for chief to win enough money that I don't own his soul. If you would like to accept a similar challenge I will need your soul as collateral.

Chief911
03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Unfortunately, it appears part of the challenge involves the tattoo'ing of the sacred helmet if I dont make one final table in the next two weeks. Here's a mockup:

http://www.bockhouse.com/mlgcat.jpg

So, if you want to chip dump to me, just let me know~

(Kidding of course, atleast about the tattoo).

Nick

Potowame
03-22-2005, 04:21 PM
would you accept a second lien position on that .. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jurollo
03-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Damnit I sold my soul for another beer on st. patty's day!
~Justin

Cleveland Guy
03-22-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure about backing - but if your willing to sell the copyright to your push cow we might be able to make a deal.

Roman
03-22-2005, 06:31 PM
If you still need help, PM me or aim me @ Metalicraft and we can work something out.