PDA

View Full Version : "Hip" Vegas Clubs (x-post from B+M)

Slow Play Ray
03-22-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll be in Vegas this weekend, playing poker during the days. My buddy put himself in charge of "night life" and is in the process of getting us all line passes for Ra and Rain. My question is - are these clubs worth the time/trouble?

Asufiji2004
03-22-2005, 01:54 PM
If you can get VIP at Rain do it. But if we are talkin about a Fri or Sat. night, Rain is so packed that you litteraly cannot move. I would try Studio 54, still lots of people but you can at least walk.

Dominic
03-22-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be in Vegas this weekend, playing poker during the days. My buddy put himself in charge of "night life" and is in the process of getting us all line passes for Ra and Rain. My question is - are these clubs worth the time/trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, if your idea of a good time is akin to studying bacteria in a petri dish.

I hate clubs. The one good thing about clubs these days, at least on the West Coast, is that the nimrods dancing don't go "OOOOOH OOOOOOH" anymore, like they did when I used to DJ back east.

NotInchoateHand1
03-22-2005, 04:17 PM
New favorite poster.

Dominic
03-22-2005, 04:26 PM
go to a cool bar instead. you'll actually be able to meet and talk with hotr chicks there. Like Ghost Bar or that one in The Hotel at Mandalay

peachy
03-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I liked the ones inside the PALMS and the Luxor

peachy
03-22-2005, 05:32 PM
o...u named those both!! haha i just saw the topic and replied...yes i loved both of these...they were my favorites

housenuts
03-22-2005, 05:34 PM
how do you go about getting line passes?

Dominic
03-22-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you go about getting line passes?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's sort of like buying a boat. If you have to ask how much it is, you can't afford it.

so if you don't know how to get a pass, sorry.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mason55
03-22-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
go to a cool bar instead. you'll actually be able to meet and talk with hotr chicks there. Like Ghost Bar or that one in The Hotel at Mandalay

[/ QUOTE ]

I second Ghost Bar. Had VIP there last summer on a friday and there were more hot chicks than... well... i don't know, but there was a TON of hot chicks! Too bad I had bottle service and got way too drunk to do anything.

Never made it to Rain but I've heard Ghost Bar is much hipper. Now if you wanna just go dance Rain is pretty cool, but the clubs in Vegas aren't really anything special.

Slow Play Ray
03-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info. Since I posted, I have heard a lot of good things about Ghost Bar, and it definitely sounds more like my scene than Rain. Does it involve the same kind of ridiculous lines?

Will ditch friends if necessary.

mason55
03-22-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info. Since I posted, I have heard a lot of good things about Ghost Bar, and it definitely sounds more like my scene than Rain. Does it involve the same kind of ridiculous lines?

Will ditch friends if necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, my friend runs VIP for Ghostbar and Rain so I didn't have to wait in line. It was definitely less crowded than Rain was. When I went up to my room on saturday there didn't seem to be too long of a line, but it might have been all upstairs. I'm pretty sure that the line for Ghostbar is less than Rain, just because it's more chill and not "OMG IN DA CLUB BOTTLE FULL OF BUB"

Slow Play Ray
03-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Well, hook a brother up! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

bogey
03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
I dont know what the hell you guys are talking about. The clubs in Vegas f'ing rock. I've been to Rain three times and every time afterwards I said that was the best night I ever had. If you going on a Friday or Saturday just go early to get in line so your one of the first people in (i.e. get in line around 8:30 or 9 to be let in at 10). It sounds kind of toolish but its worth it. Me and a bunch of my friends brought in 2 18 packs to drink in line. No one will bother you. So yeh your standing in line for an hour and a half but your also drinking a ton of beer with your friends which is what I would be doing anyway. On the dance floor, or anywhere for that matter, inside Rain is probably the easiest place to pick up girls in the world.

Ghostbar is alright but its really small. Its more like a lounge laid back place. Although there will be a lot of chicks, a higher percentage will be with guys, and you can exhaust your options relatively quickly up there.

Rumjungle in Mandalay is alright but compared to Rain sucks.

Pure in Caesars is really cool. Awesome roof top deck right in the middle of the strip. More expensive than Rain and a slightly older crowd. My friends and I are 23-24 and felt Rain was about the perfect type crowd for us. I think for 27-30 year olds though Pure may be the way to go.

Alright well hope that helps a bit.

mason55
03-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm sure it's possible to have a great time, but Vegas' clubs don't stack up to the best in the world.

When I go on vacation, I go to places for the clubs (ie, I'm leaving for miami in 12 hours for the sole purpose of going to clubs for 4 straight days). Vegas just can't compete with South Beach, Manhattan, and Toronto. Everything in Vegas is a "super club" where you're smashed in with a bunch of people and the places I went only played Top 40 R&B, Pop and Hip-Hop.