PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Angelo on Folding Aces

SuitedSixes
03-22-2005, 01:28 PM
I linked this in another post, but maybe it deserves its own thread.

The Worst Play Ever (http://www.tommyangelo.com/articles/the_worst_play_ever.htm)

Apathy
03-22-2005, 01:36 PM
Is folding aces pre-flop really worse then say calling a capped pre flop pot with 72o from the SB?

I don't play limit so I'd have to look that up.

Funny article, Tommy Angelo has written some pretty funny things, somone in high stakes NL had a good link from him the other day about showing losing hands, I wish I knew how to link that....

dtbog
03-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the post.. I enjoyed this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-DB

scottjf8
03-22-2005, 02:01 PM
I did it the other day and it felt SO great....

ok, so it was in the $3 + rebuys satellite for the 215, and I was in 8th place, 22 seats - and we were down to 24 people...

But still /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allinlife
03-22-2005, 02:17 PM
wow great read.

jackdaniels
03-22-2005, 05:21 PM
good read.

Who here thinks it's a true story? His early explanation about the writers course seems to tip the scale towards it being a test of his writing skills (pretty good I might add) rather than a real event. Although, folding those Aces - lets call it "for a writers research" (worth around $60-$100 in a $20-$40 game) could be easily paid for if he sold this story to cardplayer or another publication - once again a +EV play! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SuitedSixes
03-22-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good read.

Who here thinks it's a true story? His early explanation about the writers course seems to tip the scale towards it being a test of his writing skills (pretty good I might add) rather than a real event. Although, folding those Aces - lets call it "for a writers research" (worth around $60-$100 in a $20-$40 game) could be easily paid for if he sold this story to cardplayer or another publication - once again a +EV play! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that article was in Cardplayer, I know he has contributed to them in the past. He has all of his writings on his website, they're worth the read.

callmedonnie
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Agree, looks like creative writing. If it's true, the writing is sound, the play is bad, period. I have heard one story where it would have been correct to fold. A super sat, down to something like nine players. Top eight win a seat to a big event. The chip leader has about half the chips. He could easily get a drink, leave the table and watch until someone is eliminated. He gets AA. He gets involved with another stack, one of the bigger ones. He loses, has to play, and eventually is the first one to leave, no seat.

SuitedSixes
03-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Bumped for the night shift.