PDA

View Full Version : my dog ate my leather couch

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 11:03 AM
what are the chances the place i got the couch from makes good on the coverage i bought? i was told the coverage would cover everything. tears, rips, burns, everything, regardless of how it happened, and thats the only reason i got it. of course the paperwork they gave me doesnt state this "everything" part, and i was too stupid to ask for more documentation.

Bluffoon
03-22-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what are the chances the place i got the couch from makes good on the coverage i bought? i was told the coverage would cover everything. tears, rips, burns, everything, regardless of how it happened, and thats the only reason i got it. of course the paperwork they gave me doesnt state this "everything" part, and i was too stupid to ask for more documentation.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're boned. I would be surprised if they would offer a written warranty that would cover any imaginable damage. Damage during the course of "reasonable use" seems more likely. Of course, many salesmen will tell you anything to make a sale. Always read the fine print.

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 11:13 AM
arent dogs fairly normal in this country? i would argue that dog damage could be from normal use!

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
the journey begins
so far the sales guy told me not to worry, call the warranty place and they will take care of it. if they dont , he will.
im surely going to get screwed somehow
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bluffoon
03-22-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the journey begins
so far the sales guy told me not to worry, call the warranty place and they will take care of it. if they dont , he will.
im surely going to get screwed somehow
/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they are going to take care of it.

I bought a pair of shoes at nordstroms a while back, wore them about six weeks and they were a little uncomfortable so I brought them back in a grocery bag all worn and without a receipt and they gave me my money back.

You never know. Can I borrow your dog? I could use a new couch.

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 12:33 PM
so far theyre screwing me

codewarrior
03-22-2005, 01:18 PM
How about training your dumb dog not to chew your [censored].

Or, after the fact... "Here, Sparky!!!"..... <BANG!>

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
this was the first time hes done this since he was a puppy. it was a total shock.
the dog cost more than the couch, so i doubt ill be shooting him any time soon

codewarrior
03-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Hmm. This begs the question, "What has changed in my dog's environment to set off this behavior?"

<-- actually likes dogs

Shajen
03-22-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid $6000 for my couches. They are the tits.

I don't have a dog, but I do have two indoor only cats. I got them both declawed when they were little. (front only, I'm not a complete barbarian)

The declawing is the only reason I paid that much for couches. I mean, IMO, if you have animals, you gotta expect them to tear [censored] up occasionally.

GL man, in my agreement with the company that made my couches, it clearly states animals chewing on them is not covered.

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

<-- actually likes dogs

[/ QUOTE ]
"Here, Sparky!!!"..... <BANG!>
i couldnt tell

update
the first call to the warranty place they said no go because the damage was caused by a dog and isnt covered by warranty.
i said ok and planned to talk to the other guy to get it cleared up. im angry now.
but first i reread the warranty, and it doesnt specifically say that pet damage would void said warrranty.
i call warranty people back.
i ask them to read to me in the warranty where it says pets void the warranty. he reads me the sentence that explicity says "damage caused by pets blah blah blah". im like, my warranty doesnt say that. he asks me to read my warranty to him (the part that talks about whats not covered), and he asks for the warranty number. comes back to the phone and tells me i have a different warranty than they were looking at. he says he will transfer me to dispute their decision. i ask him if this means i will get approved? he says probably not. oh, thanks.
while im waiting to dispute, he comes back on, says he talked to his boss, she said because my warranty doesnt clearly state pets would void the warranty, they will approve my claim. /images/graemlins/cool.gif
i just had to fax them my warranty and sales order.

lesson learned: if you are in this spot, when they ask you what caused the damage, just say you did it, or a kid or something.(i asked the guy if i had just said i did it would it have gone right through? -yes)
thank you for enjoying a small sample of my exciting life

mostsmooth
03-22-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I paid $6000 for my couches. They are the tits.

[/ QUOTE ]
do they vibrate or something? because that would really be the tits!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a dog, but I do have two indoor only cats. I got them both declawed when they were little. (front only, I'm not a complete barbarian)

The declawing is the only reason I paid that much for couches. I mean, IMO, if you have animals, you gotta expect them to tear [censored] up occasionally.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats why i got the coverage, because allegedly it would cover the dogs actions.

[ QUOTE ]
GL man, in my agreement with the company that made my couches, it clearly states animals chewing on them is not covered.

[/ QUOTE ]
see update above /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Shajen
03-22-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do they vibrate or something? because that would really be the tits!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah bro, but they are "Ferrari grade" leather, soft as a babies ass, and deep. SOOO Comfortable.

[ QUOTE ]

see update above /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool beans dude, glad it worked out for you.

BTW, I normally don't pay stupid money for stuff, but in this case, I was rewarding myself for putting up with college dorm level couches for 6 years.