PDA

View Full Version : AQ

soah
03-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Live 2-5. My game broke so I'm new at this table. I'm going to get way out of line quite frequently at this table, starting right now, but none of them know that yet. I've just been folding most of the time so far.

Solid girl limps UTG, solid guy folds, I limp with AQo. Someone is going to tell me to raise there, but I think you're wrong, but I think it's close, so whatever.

A couple people fold. Or maybe one of them limps too. Drunk makes it $50. I'm not good at judging people's levels of drunkness, but all I know is he sat down with a beer a couple orbits ago, and has been playing like he's drunk the whole time. He has raised quite frequently to various amounts over the past few hands. He's shown 66, KJ, QJ, and possibly others that I've forgotten. This raise is his biggest so far, but I'm not sure what (if anything) that means. Everyone folds back to me. He has $200 more behind and I have him covered. I push.

Bonus points to anyone that correctly guesses the drunk's hand, and whether or not he called.

Reef
03-22-2005, 08:45 AM
um.. he calls you with 10's or J's?

xorbie
03-22-2005, 08:53 AM
If you think he will call you with KQ and lower, good move.

TheWorstPlayer
03-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Calling when he is dominated is too obvious so instead I am going to say that he laid down a monster. I think he laid down QQ thinking that you only limp/re-raise AA/KK. And I don't think you should limp behind an UTG limper. Raise. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

schwza
03-22-2005, 11:11 AM
69 hehehehehe

Yeknom58
03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Nice...

Well hmmm..what can he call with...I'll say he called you with AQ.

erby
03-22-2005, 03:36 PM
He sits up straight, turns over AA, and offers you a sip of his OJ in a beer bottle as condolensces...and then he leaves

soah
03-22-2005, 04:04 PM
So does anyone think that this move was completely retarded?

ScottTheFish
03-22-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you feel like he is bullying the table and you need you need to take a stand, AQ is pretty good to do it with, considering the trash he's been raising. I think the chances are good you get his $50 right there, and you're probably not in horrible shape if he calls.

Maybe I'm a LAG fish, but I'm not sitting around all night waiting for AA-KK when there's a drunk raising me with trash.

jimdmcevoy
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Given your description of the player I like the move here. I've pulled this move a few times, it's fun.

I'd say that your behind here only about 1 out of 4 times, then again i play mostly online, so i could easily be wrong

edge
03-22-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would make the same move given what you did, although I think I'd be more likely to raise to begin with rather than limping. After drunk guy's raise, if it's heads up, I'm not folding AQ, and I'm out of position, so a push is good.

I'm guessing he flipped AA or something.

Yeknom58
03-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Totally retarded if he's not drunk and a loose raiser but I thought you said...

soah
03-23-2005, 05:52 AM
He went into the tank, and asks what I have. I tell him I have two cards. Then eventually I realize he was asking for a count, and it's explained to him a couple of times that I have him covered. He mumbles stuff about me having aces or kings. He asks me again what I have. I tell him again I have two cards. Then I realize he's still asking me how much money I have and it's explained to him again that I have him covered. He says he has a really good hand. I'm not sure what that means. Then he says he has AK. I don't believe him. Then he says my face went pale as soon as he said that. I still don't believe him (either part). Eventually he tosses the two green chips toward me and says something to the effect of that he'll let this one go. He mucks AKo face up. Being the good sport that I am, I show my hand too.

Tonight he joined my table again but this time he wasn't drunk. I'm bad with faces and didn't recognize him until he mentioned something about it. But then I totally forgot about it, and some hand came up where he raised UTG, maniac called on the button, I had AQo in the sb and was contemplating putting him all-in for the $60 or so that he had left (his raise was a bit suspicious because the maniac was raising 100% of hands preflop, and with a huge hand there's no reason not to let the maniac do the betting for you). I decided to let it go, and the board came down QQJxT and they showed down ATo and T9o. Bah. I obviously need some work on learning when my AQ is good against that guy. =P

TheWorstPlayer
03-23-2005, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling when he is dominated is too obvious so instead I am going to say that he laid down a monster. I think he laid down QQ thinking that you only limp/re-raise AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can read you like a book. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stankybank
03-23-2005, 06:50 AM
KQ and he calls.

stankybank
03-23-2005, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
KQ and he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, looks like I'm a little late. Just saw your last response and quickly saw "muck AKo"

good play /images/graemlins/laugh.gif