PDA

View Full Version : Uncool or Okey?

Stu Pidasso
03-22-2005, 08:00 AM
I'm playing in a 3-6 game at my local card room. The table has a line on it that once chips are pushed past, it is considered a binding bet.

A dumbass on my immeadiate right is involved in a pot with a girl on the other side of the table. The river card comes and the dumbass takes an amount of chips equal to the bet and slides it up to but not across the line. The girl throws an amount of chips equal to the bet into the pot, says "I call", and turns her cards over. The dumbass says "I never bet" throws his cards into the muck, and takes his chips back. The floor is never called and the pot is shipped to the girl.

Anyways, dumbass has a bad habit of not protecting his cards. In fact from my propspective he might as well play them face up. In the past I have always told someone who did not do a good job protecting thier cards that I could sometimes see them. This time I did not say anything and I did not make any attempts to try to avoid not seeing them. Is such behavior uncool?

Stu

Reef
03-22-2005, 08:07 AM
uncool that you have poker in OOT

edit: Go ahead and look if he's blatantly showing them and you've already warned him.

gaming_mouse
03-22-2005, 08:08 AM
No. It's cool.

Stu Pidasso
03-22-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad,

I thought it belonged here since the story involved a girl.

[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and look if he's blatantly showing them and you've already warned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just it, I never warned him because I figured if hes going to angle shoot like that, I'm not going to cut him any slack.

Stu

Reef
03-22-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad,

I thought it belonged here since the story involved a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and look if he's blatantly showing them and you've already warned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just it, I never warned him because I figured if hes going to angle shoot like that, I'm not going to cut him any slack.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm.. good point.