PDA

View Full Version : AK for straight draw/straight on 3flush board.

Akimka
03-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Would you play it any differently?

MP1 VPIP 50, PFR 21, WSD 43, postflop agressive
CO is rock. VPIP 11, PFR 4.9, WSD 38, postflop 1.3/1.2/1.7

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (21.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

admiralfluff
03-22-2005, 07:40 AM
I don't think I'm getting enough hearts to fold to make the flop raise so I just call. On the turn, I think a rock in this spot has a flopped flush enough after a check raise 3 bet that I'm not capping.

After not raising the flop however, you may be more likely to be bet into on the turn, in which case I would raise.

chief444
03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
It seems to me like CO has a made flush when he check/3-bets the turn. I'd just call down from there without capping the turn.

Belok
03-22-2005, 10:08 AM
I might actually fold the flop here.

CO being a rock and calling has at the very least a heart, possibly 2 (making you draw dead), or a heart and a ten.

Assuming the flush is not out there, you have 3 outs for the straight, and a crying 2 outs for overcard pair. (King gives any T a straight, and the A of hearts is no good.) So thats a total of 5 outs, and even if you hit them, there are 8ish hearts left in the deck to ruin your day on the river.

But any move on the flop is really marginally + or - EV, not much difference either way I dont think.

As for the turn, the check reraise from the CO rock is just screaming a slowplayed flush. Id say best case scenario he has AK, one of which being a heart. MP1 may very well have a flush as well, but his checkraise gets alot less credit. Id probably call down my A high straight here but feel guilty about doing it.

River is fine.

Jeffage
03-22-2005, 11:47 AM
I'd fold the flop. You're likely beat already and if not (by some miracle), half the deck beats you. You have 4 outs if the ace or king is good (since a 4th heart will almost certainly beat you), but a king completes an open end straight draw and an ace completes a gutshot. A non-heart 10 is good...IF someone didnt flop the flush (and then you're still vulnerable to redraws). Someone easily could have flopped two pair, a straight or flush with this board. There is no reason to continue to the turn with that many opponents.

Jeff