PDA

View Full Version : my new favorite move? get the most out of it?

admiralfluff
03-22-2005, 05:52 AM
table is mostly loose, neutral. button is 28/9.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
looking for calls until button, if callers and button raises I call, bet out a turn Q or diamond,

if callers and button calls:
I bet out Q.
Check diamond, then raise an early turn bettor, call a button bet, cry if it checks through.

Anyone think it's better to check to the button, as people are more likely to call him?

Nick C
03-22-2005, 06:02 AM
I hesitate to pump draws on paired boards. Granted, though, the pair is at least just 4's. The king coupled with a preflop raiser to act behind the players in between you and him might scare the others anyway, though.

All the same, this might not be so bad, if no one has a king and the PFR just has 99-77 or AQ or something.

Anyway, you aren't entirely pumping here. I think the bet is all right, but I probably would have check-called.

Nick C
03-22-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if callers and button calls:
I bet out Q.
Check diamond, then raise an early turn bettor, call a button bet, cry if it checks through.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting out the queen depends on how many people are still in, I think. Keep in mind, too, that many players will call on the flop but give up on the turn.

Still, you do figure to have close to 15 outs on a turn queen.

As for when you hit your flush, I'd just go ahead and bet, probably. Possibly people will call before it gets to Button. Probably they won't call two, unless they have the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and are still in this hand at this point, somehow.

I don't checkraise enough anymore, though, I'm starting to think.