PDA

View Full Version : Phil Ivey and John D'agostino heads up on Full tilt right now

oreogod
03-22-2005, 04:12 AM
playing 100/200 limit heads up.

oreogod
03-22-2005, 04:50 AM
and now its over. Had a nice match up going for quite a while.

ed8383
03-22-2005, 04:51 AM
nice summary..NOT!

tell us more, who won more money?

oreogod
03-22-2005, 06:20 AM
About to go to bed, but if I had been thinking I should have cut and pasted hand summaries of the best hands I saw. Didnt even think about it.

anyway jdags started with about 13k, phil about 12k and phil left for bed with about 16k. So Phil up, Johnny boy down.

79 off seemed like a good hand for phil -- man made two straights and top pair with that hand.

One hand Phil has 79 off, Jdags has A6 off, flop is 8A9, turn is the 6, river comes a 10 giving phil a straight to jdags two pair.

Like I said, it was a good match and I should have cut and pasted hands, but its been a long day and I didnt think to much of it. Maybe someone else saw it can fill in some more. I will check in the morning, maybe full tilt stores a log somewhere on the hard drive.

Never seen Phil play heads up with someone, definitly not a guy I would like to play in anyway at this point, or ever probably.

La Brujita
03-22-2005, 07:48 AM
I would be interested in seeing hhs as well. I always wonder, anyone fill me in if I am clueless, but why would JD play heads up with Ivey? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Perhaps an answer is I might play Ivey heads up up to 5-10 just for the experience, and maybe 100-200 is that amount for JD.

Actually I wouldn't play PI that high but just trying to make a point.

srw5n
03-22-2005, 08:44 AM
JDags, TKeller, and Huchette (Lee Salem I believe) are a few of the people I think would be even money or probably better against Ivey heads up online (in holdem). I think live would be different, but those 3 guys are wrecking machines online heads up and all three have made a killing taking bank rolls the past year.

whiskeytown
03-22-2005, 10:37 AM
yah, don't forget Phil isn't a tourney pro by nature....he made a lot of money playing limit holdem and still makes more doing that then on tourneys.. I wouldn't mess with him.

RB

srw5n
03-22-2005, 10:55 AM
I fully understand this and maintain the same position.

TheShootah
03-22-2005, 12:14 PM
They already have, but that was NL. Besides, DeAgostino has been awesome lately. He is quite good Heads Up, but I agree, Phil Ivey is almost always a bad choice...hehehe..

J.A.Sucker
03-22-2005, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't play Ivey headsup. I would, and have, played Jdags headsup, though he is quite tough.

trying2learn
03-22-2005, 02:15 PM
i was too tired to post last night after they were done, but i wanted to remark as to how fast they played. the game moved at a pace that was remarkable to say the least. there was no hesitation on any street at any time. was really fun to watch for sure.

Cleveland Guy
03-22-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in seeing hhs as well. I always wonder, anyone fill me in if I am clueless, but why would JD play heads up with Ivey? Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Perhaps an answer is I might play Ivey heads up up to 5-10 just for the experience, and maybe 100-200 is that amount for JD.

Actually I wouldn't play PI that high but just trying to make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit it on the head. This might be like a "practice session" for him, and 4k from what I understand isn't that big of a loss for him.

Heck - it's not even enough money to wipe his A$$ with after chili.

italianstang
03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Heads up (obviously).

John D'agostino is on the button (small blind) with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

John raises preflop to 200, Phil reraises to 300, John reraises to 400 and Phil calls.

800 in the pot.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Bet, raise, re-raise, re-raise, call. $1600 in the pot.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Only three bets each this time, pot is $2800.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

Phil bets, John D'agostino calls. Pot is $3200.

Phil turns over 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for a straight.

Only 50 cent rake on the 100/200 heads up on Full Tilt.

trying2learn
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
dags had to make that last call with a bit of a gripe under his breath to the screen.