PDA

View Full Version : experimenting with stop & go

stinkypete
03-22-2005, 02:46 AM
both villains are >50 VP$IP and <1 postflop aggression factor. no other specific reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

tell me what you think. i'll explain my thought process later.

stinkypete
03-22-2005, 01:39 PM
no comments? surely this isn't standard play for everyone...

RunDownHouse
03-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Actually, if I think I can trap UTG like that, it is standard for me. I like it even more if the pf raiser is more aggressive, so I can be sure he'll pop me again on the turn.

applej25
03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Looks to me like you caught the button with AK at just the right time. I have no problem with how you played the hand at all. Just know your opponents, and when you can make this play and when you shouldn't.

JrJordan
03-22-2005, 02:15 PM
I try this move sometimes, and honestly never really know if it was a good play or not.

Flop: I like betting out her because it traps UTG in the middle with the hope with button will raise on top. Definitely beats a c/r where you could lose UTG with 2 bets to him and slow down the button if he missed. I think the big question is how to get UTG to put in the most money here? More often than not, a c/r on the turn will get him to fold if it's two BB to call. What about the flop though? Is he enough of a calling station to call 2 SB if you three bet here, and then bet out the turn? I usually like this approach him you want to bet out the turn. If you 3 bet the flop, you give UTG 7:1 on a call, certainly big enough for a calling station to cold call.

Rambling a little bit. Short and simple. If he's loose passive enough, 3 bet the flop and lead the turn in the hopes that you can get an extra SB from everyone on the flop. If UTG is tight enough to fold, then your line is fine.