PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10 is rigged! This time I have PROOF!

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 02:29 AM
It's rigged...but in *my* favor! /images/graemlins/grin.gif They pay me over $1/hand to 4-table with a bunch of LAGs who PFR with junk and call to the river. See...?

http://geminivek.com/party510rigged.jpg

I still want to know who won the bet... (see I love party 5/10 but 2+2ers predict I'll whine later (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1954346&page=&view=&s b=5&o=))

Yes, I damned near broke my arm patting myself on the back just now. Flame away!

A_C_Slater
03-22-2005, 02:37 AM
Sample size is too small!!

Unsustainable!!!!

I hate you!!!

die!!!

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sample size is too small!!

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, here's a bigger one...but that's all you get! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

http://geminivek.com/bigger510sample.jpg
[ QUOTE ]
Unsustainable!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but it still rocks and justifies my boner for Party 5/10.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I love you, man!!!

[ QUOTE ]
die!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Harsh... ~sniff~

peachy
03-22-2005, 02:54 AM
yeah...ur prolly winning all mah money!

SoftcoreRevolt
03-22-2005, 03:27 AM
Dude, you could buy 3,600 honey buns with that money.

waffle
03-22-2005, 03:31 AM
http://matt.mondrary.com/misc/lucky_stats.png

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 03:36 AM
Wicked! Perhaps I should start playing 6-max. I really seem to clean up as tables begin to break up (although that never really happened during the sample I just posted...there was always a waiting list). Thanks for sharing, and see you at the tables!

~K

surfdoc
03-22-2005, 04:55 AM
A monkey could run good for 1k hands. Lets see a shot of 15k or larger.

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A monkey could run good for 1k hands. Lets see a shot of 15k or larger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine. Give me a few weeks here and I'll follow-up.

<font color="red">Then thou shalt worship me, mere mortal, and beseech my divine validation. Until then, dwell in solicitude at Party 5/10. Muahaha... MUuaahaHAA... MUUUAAHHHAAHAAHAAAAA!!!</font>

Oh man, what just happened? I think I blacked out for a second or something...weird.

~K

Victor
03-22-2005, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
with a bunch of LAGs who PFR

[/ QUOTE ]

party 5-10 is seriously not laggy

[ QUOTE ]
and call to the river. See...?

[/ QUOTE ]

lags do not call to the river......

STLantny
03-22-2005, 12:34 PM
vpip of 15 and PFR of 8. I dont think excel would approve.

lozen
03-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Lets see if he posts in a week

sthief09
03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
HOLY [censored] [censored] NOT 1000 HANDS

sthief09
03-22-2005, 03:36 PM
HOLY [censored] [censored] NOT 2500 HANDS

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with a bunch of LAGs who PFR

[/ QUOTE ]

party 5-10 is seriously not laggy

[ QUOTE ]
and call to the river. See...?

[/ QUOTE ]

lags do not call to the river......

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... Then perhaps I've just mastered the art of table selection and adaptive play.

I have no trouble finding a table with at least one person with a VPIP over 30 and a PFR of 10 or more. In many cases there's someone with a VPIP of 60 and a PFR of 20 or more. These guys either raise or limp-reraise PF in any position with hands I'm hardly willing to limp with in late position (K9o, Q8o, J7s). If the board is scarey, they bet out or raise/re-raise to represent...and it's pathetically obvious from their stats that they rarely have it. Of course after putting on a show like this they are desperate to hit so they see the turn and river, only to fold to a river bet or even try one more time to scare you away (as if you're going anywhere after you bet out on the river).

I tighten up a bit (hence the VPIP of 15 in my original 1,000-hand sample), isolate them, provoke them, then bust them wide open. I find that they're often there to bully the rocks (which works very well for them). Their misplaced and often hyper aggression seems to work very well until someone like me sits down and figures them out, then all I need is some nice hole cards, a few good flops, and a little slow play to trick them into pouncing with nothing. They build fantastic pots for me. Our tables end up at the top of the list (when sorted by average pot) with a long seating list of more LAGs hoping to get in on the action.

I'm dead serious. This is exactly how it goes down, day after day.

~K

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vpip of 15 and PFR of 8. I dont think excel would approve.

[/ QUOTE ]

With LAGs bringing it to me 2 or 3 bet pre-flop every other hand, I have to tighten up a bit and don't get to PFR quite as much. Ordinarily my VPIP would be 17-19 and PFR would be 8.5-10.

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see if he posts in a week

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise I will, even if it's to tell you that I was all wrong and lost my ass.

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HOLY [censored] [censored] NOT 1000 HANDS

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know it's intimidating to folks like you.

So how many times are you gonna post that intelligent outburst? How about a "HOLY FUUKIN SH1T NOT 2,500 HANDS" for my follow-up, or a "HOLY FUUKIN SH1T NOT 500 HANDS" for the 6-max 20BB/100 sample provided by another 2+2er? Really, we need good insightful input like yours here...

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably paid me the whole time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pokerjo22
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
You're starting to sound a lot like Lansing.

Snus
03-22-2005, 04:37 PM
LOOL. I don't get why every other time somebody writes a post like this everybody defends the online cardrooms. Well here is a newsflash for you all every one and all online cardrooms are RIGGED. Yes I said it they are RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. I have been playing online since the early days of PLanet Poker and paradise and have made a nice pot of money. BUT it allways follows the same path. Every time I open a new account, I win until a point (learnd a long time ago when this happens it's time to cash-out) where no hand can win. This goes on until all the money I left in the account is gone. Every site follows these rules and everybody who have played online a long time knows it. So what is the problem ALL online cardrooms are RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. And U all know it U just don't want to see it.

Ianco15
03-22-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're starting to sound a lot like Lansing.

[/ QUOTE ]
You all remember that crazy bastard.

2ndGoat
03-22-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOOL. I don't get why every other time somebody writes a post like this everybody defends the online cardrooms. Well here is a newsflash for you all every one and all online cardrooms are RIGGED. Yes I said it they are RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. I have been playing online since the early days of PLanet Poker and paradise and have made a nice pot of money. BUT it allways follows the same path. Every time I open a new account, I win until a point (learnd a long time ago when this happens it's time to cash-out) where no hand can win. This goes on until all the money I left in the account is gone. Every site follows these rules and everybody who have played online a long time knows it. So what is the problem ALL online cardrooms are RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED. And U all know it U just don't want to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly a post from a genius. He has figured out the super-secret winning algorithm for online poker that has been eluding me for years. I hope he writes a book.

sthief09
03-22-2005, 06:17 PM
I just don't get why people post purely to annoy people

sthief09
03-22-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably paid me the whole time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm smart enough to not play 5/10 full, which is the black hole of poker. you're also not a very good player, judging from your stats. not bad, but not much better than breakeven

Snus
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
HEHE /images/graemlins/grin.gif not exatly an algorithm and not exatly my point.
But kudos to you for proving my point.

Snus
03-22-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HEHE /images/graemlins/grin.gif not exatly an algorithm and not exatly my point.
But kudos to you for proving my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ponks
03-22-2005, 06:39 PM
&lt;yawns&gt; This post is pointless and annoying, sorry.

Ponks

Ianco15
03-22-2005, 06:42 PM
How many geniuses does it take to believe that online gaming is rigged?

Just one. Snus.

Mr. Zero
03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many geniuses does it take to believe that online gaming is rigged?

Just one. Snus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know noobs don't get a lot of credit around here, but considering the tone of his post and subsequent follow up, I think it's clear Snus was joking.

TheTimeIsUp
03-22-2005, 07:14 PM
1k is only 1 double up /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

colgin
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm smart enough to not play 5/10 full, which is the black hole of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone (including me until recently) says. Lately (and to my surprise) I have actually found quite a few good loose passive games at $5/10 full when I have put in a little time to search for them.

sthief09
03-22-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm smart enough to not play 5/10 full, which is the black hole of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone (including me until recently) says. Lately (and to my surprise) I have actually found quite a few good loose passive games at $5/10 full when I have put in a little time to search for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also lazy enough to not search for tables

Ianco15
03-22-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that people are so easily annoyed. I play poker to annoy them, I take their money to annoy them, after which I post about it at 2+2 to /really/ annoy them.

Ianco15
03-22-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that people are so easily annoyed. I play poker to annoy them, I take their money to annoy them, after which I post about it at 2+2 to /really/ annoy them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annoy who? 2+2 posters who don't care?

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Annoy who? 2+2 posters who don't care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, sthief09 is the one who posts just to annoy people. My response was merely an attempt at verbal irony.

I post to learn, educate, and amuse. OK, sometimes to vent and/or annoy, but only when I'm tilting. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

STLantny
03-22-2005, 08:15 PM
oh jesus, i thought this was 5/10 6 max. I just assumed it was, because, no one in thier right mind would ever play 5/10 full, when there is a 5/10 6 game a click away.

Ianco15
03-22-2005, 08:16 PM
I see. Carry on then. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GemiNiveK
03-22-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh jesus, i thought this was 5/10 6 max. I just assumed it was, because, no one in thier right mind would ever play 5/10 full, when there is a 5/10 6 game a click away.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm picking up on that point. I think I'll try 6-max tonight. Come and get some! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

STLantny
03-22-2005, 08:29 PM
How often do you play live?? Where do you play, Im sure weve ran into eachother if you have done ANY live play, as Ive pretty much hit every place legal/not so legal, at one point or another. Email me at pokergames16@hotmail.com if you are ineterested in some home games.

Siingo
03-22-2005, 08:54 PM
There is always a loose guy at the 5/10 tables when I play.... Oh [censored] that is me I guess. I am such a fish....

Turtle
03-22-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm smart enough to not play 5/10 full, which is the black hole of poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that this probably isn't the thread to ask this, but I've diligently checked the archives to no avail.

Why is PP 5/10 so rough? I hear a lot of anecdotal evidence, but nothing concrete.

Does the same apply to the Jackpot tables?

Or does it just compare so unfavorably to 5/10(6) that it gets the shaft?

If someone could direct me towards the applicable thread, in lieu of an answer, that would be great too.

Thanks-

jeff

ps- I know it's a common subject, but the answers are usually pretty subjective. I checked the archives. Honest. Really.

GemiNiveK
04-07-2005, 05:23 PM
OK, it's been more than a week. I was wrong. Right now I can't even win at 1/2, let alone 5/10. I clearly suck. I'm thinking of switching to roulette. Russian, that is.

TimM
04-07-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, it's been more than a week. I was wrong. Right now I can't even win at 1/2, let alone 5/10. I clearly suck. I'm thinking of switching to roulette. Russian, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a coincidence, I started 5/10 full exactly one week ago and have been pwning. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

brick
04-07-2005, 05:47 PM
This post is worthless without screenshots.

GemiNiveK
04-07-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a coincidence, I started 5/10 full exactly one week ago and have been pwning. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally pwned the first several weeks of 5/10. Then I had two really bad weeks (down 150BB) and decided to step down to 3/6 and 2/4 while I analyzed my game. After losing about 100BBs there I stepped down to 1/2 and tried to take it seriously. Perhaps now that you're at 5/10 I should go back... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Huhmare
04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
Why is it that when somebody's got a hot streak, He is the best poker player ever, but when that same guy has a cold streak, it's just all about bad luck?

P.S sure those aggressive players give their money to you, when you flop TPTK every hand. The problem is that the majority of the time, you flop nothing.

Hmm.. in fact. I think it's thats why the players are so aggressive in 6max. I think a player with VPIP 15.6% and PFR 7,7% will be crushed in these games in the long run.