PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of going broke like this..

calf
03-22-2005, 02:21 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t830)
MP2 (t1635)
MP3 (t700)
CO (t740)
Button (t230)
SB (t1150)
Hero (t955)
UTG (t1025)
UTG+1 (t735)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t895.

Flop: (t1030) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (t1030) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (t1030) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1030

Converter seems to be screwed, but button pushed and I pushed from the BB.

Can I play this any different in a $10+1? Flat calling seems weird, as I don't want to let Mr. Min raiser in, but I still have a lot of chips and it's early.

The Yugoslavian
03-22-2005, 02:25 AM
It's difficult not to play AK for some sort of profit in a $11, quite difficult indeed.

Yugoslav
PS I do believe I'd smoothcall (I never 'flatcall')
PPS I do believe Adanthar would advocate ramming here, getting called by AT

adanthar
03-22-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. MP2's doubled up once already so you should have a read on what a minraise means. Sometimes, pushing is good, and sometimes, folding is good. I don't call, though.

calf
03-22-2005, 02:43 AM
What happens if I "smoothcall" (did I make flat call up and sound stupid?) and sneaky min raiser pushes? By now you can probably guess he had AA, and this is how I've been busting out in the first few levels, pushing something like AK or JJ after a shortstack pushes in front of me, maybe with some limpers, and then having one of the limpers insta call me with AA.

Am I just being paranoid in worrying about this?

RicP
03-22-2005, 02:53 AM
Maybe I'm weak but I rarely call a push with AKs early.

I'll push with it (depending)

But I'm still learning.

adanthar
03-22-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What happens if I "smoothcall" (did I make flat call up and sound stupid?) and sneaky min raiser pushes? By now you can probably guess he had AA, and this is how I've been busting out in the first few levels, pushing something like AK or JJ after a shortstack pushes in front of me, maybe with some limpers, and then having one of the limpers insta call me with AA.

Am I just being paranoid in worrying about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

At your limits, which frankly exist solely to weed out the people that need more money before moving up from those who can't play, yeah, you're just being paranoid - chalk it up as a learning experience for when some guy limps UTG in a $100 after folding 30 hands in a row.

But sometimes, a minraise is a (badly played) monster and you need to be aware of that. The button never has anything in these situations, but 10-19 hands into the game you ought to have a handle on what a (doubled up) minraiser can have.

Like I said, I don't call, but this certainly isn't an automatic push/fold. It's something you figure out from hand reading and from experience at a given limit. Consider this a $11 lesson; next time, even if you don't remember this guy doing anything at all, go back and look at the hand he doubled up on before acting.

PS: If I did call and the minraiser pushed, easy fold.

The Yugoslavian
03-22-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. MP2's doubled up once already so you should have a read on what a minraise means. Sometimes, pushing is good, and sometimes, folding is good. I don't call, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe there are no reads present here.

Also believe that the OP should listen to you on this point and not me. Perhaps I get excited to 'smoothcall' as one of my screen names has 'smooth' in it, /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

However, I would like to point out that by referencing you here, the OP got much better advice than if I hadn't, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

calf
03-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I admit I've just been autopiloting through these 4 tabling and doing well, but if I just stopped and looked back for a second I could avoid a few of these catastrophes.

The Yugoslavian
03-22-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

PS: If I did call and the minraiser pushed, easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree here. Unless the flop is KKx, /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Actually there are a few other flops where I'd be considering playing and doubt the preflop min raiser would push on. So, I'd lose some chips here too, /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Yugoslav
Absent of reads!

adanthar
03-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Eh, I don't search for my name on here (much). I do generally try to avoid posting in PF threads these days so maybe you did help /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And now, back to postflop discussion threads I go

The Yugoslavian
03-22-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so maybe you did help /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I can read you like an open book.....in Greek, /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

[ QUOTE ]

And now, back to postflop discussion threads I go

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi ho, Hi ho, off to postflop discussions he goes....la la la...la la la, Hi ho, Hi ho, Hi ho.

Yugoslav
Who still is running a fever, canya tell? /images/graemlins/wink.gif