PDA

View Full Version : reading Roy Cooke -- pairs vs. combination number question

oreogod
03-22-2005, 01:58 AM
Okay, reading Real Hands II by roy cooke. Have what I think should be a pretty easy question. This is the one area I need help on math wise for my game.

Anyway in the section 1, chapter 5 article a player in front of him raised, he put this player on JJ through AA if she had a pocket pair and that she would also only raise with AK but not TT or AQ or lower.

So thats 24 pocket pair combos to 16 AK combos: so thats 24-16 hes against pocket pairs or AK.

This is where I become retarded, say i wanted to add AQ to the mix or even AJ -- would I add another 16 combos (if its just AQ) to the AK combo number or do I have to discount something I am not seeing.

So in the end lets make it a simple question: say I wanted to add TT to the pocket pair combination and AQ to the AK number combo -- what would I end up with. (30-32??? doesnt feel right)

Or if u just have some formula i could work with that would be good as well. Thanks.

uuDevil
03-22-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
o in the end lets make it a simple question: say I wanted to add TT to the pocket pair combination and AQ to the AK number combo -- what would I end up with. (30-32??? doesnt feel right)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that is right. If you had more information (say Roy held a T or there was a Q on the flop), you'd have to make some adjustments. See this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1939092&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1) for a slightly more complicated example.