PDA

View Full Version : Pokermath(what to learn?)

imported_Robert Andersson
03-22-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi all,

im trying to understand what type of math yoy need to study and fully understand to be a comprehensive stellar at pokermath. Game theory or/and statistics or..or.....

Im playing SS limit holdem, LL PLO, SNG 5-50$limit and NL and MTT<50$ buy-in.

Any answer, thoughts, booktips or links to the net would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

/Robert

imported_Robert Andersson
03-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Not very easy to answer but after a while i guess we could come closer.

Anyone?
maybe JasonT or David Sklansky.

Stuey
03-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Getting the Best of It by David Sklansky helped me the most with the math. You can go really deep into the math if you like. But will you learn anything new?

The really great math minds have turned it inside out already and given us the summary of their findings. I use this and do the time consuming math with calculators away from the table to reach generalizations.

At the table I just react to things I have planned for doing very simply math only. Like counting outs, pot size, and comparing it to memorized odds.

One area you could use math extensively would be tournament chip values. I have avoided this as I play few tournys currently.

The math links in this thread are great and all the useful calculators are here also. Shadow's first post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1918735&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=7&fpart=&vc=1&o=14&PHPSESSID=)

theRealMacoy
03-24-2005, 02:19 AM
Stuey, thanks for the link!

Cheers,
the Real Macoy

Lock_It_Up
03-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Pick up Harrington on Hold Em. He goes over the different types of odds, hand selection, and pot odds. He really stresses pot odds, and if you watch a lot of the pro's if the pot odds are right they'll play any two cards.