PDA

View Full Version : backgammon

brad
10-09-2002, 09:25 AM
anybody play backgammon. just started playing and its really cool. gonna go to local club next tuesday.

anybody play for money? like a dollar a point or something? or a (5,7,9) point match for 10 or 20 dollars?

brad

scalf
10-09-2002, 12:47 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif better watch your behind...there are many excellent player/hustlers out there...there are also two excellent expert programs available; i.e. jellyfish and snowie, which you can play against, while they analyze your moves and give %ev on each move and flag disaster moves....jmho..gl..backgammon can be addictive, but you are about25 years late from bg mania..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10-09-2002, 03:34 PM
usually you agree to play a set number of games on a set bet (at least i do) then you incorporate the double cube. I.E. after your turn you can double the number on the cube, which makes the bet times whatever number it's on. it can get to 64 so just know that when you bet. if you don't wnat to match the double bet you resign

brad
10-10-2002, 02:12 AM
yeah i downloaded the free ones (gnu and blowfish/snowfish) which look like they do the same thing. rollouts are neat but they take a while, heh.

im used to blowing off money while waiting for a tournament in a 1/4 stud or 3/6 holdem, so i figure if they start taking 20 or 30 bucks off me regularly ill just stop playing tournaments. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif