PDA

View Full Version : Middle Pair Problems.....version 2.0

JerBear77
03-21-2005, 11:31 PM
I'll give you three examples that I have ran across...hypothetical ones bc i can't find them on Prima sites....

Scenerio #1

MP steal w/ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif of 4xBB
1 caller

All three flops Hero leads out with continuation bet of 1/3 of pot.

All three flops Villian just calls.

Flop #1: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Turn #1 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Flop #2: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Turn #2: A /images/graemlins/heart.gif :

Flop #3: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Turn #3: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

How would you proceed in all of these on the turn?

Assume each one of these situations Villian is much healthier than Hero and in each situation the Hero starts with 15BB and before the flop has about 10 BB before he makes the flop bet.

I know..its a lot to digest but ive been getting KILLED on situations like this.

Im afraid that if i check the turns here, i'll get auto bet from Villian and loose the pot everytime. Is this a bad assumption?

If you want...how do these change if Hero HAS POSITION and the villian calls 1/3 pot bet OOP?

JerBear77
03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
bump

schwza
03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
hero has 15x (i assume after the PFR) and the pot is 10x. hero bets 3x, so on the turn he has 12x and the pot is 13x.

OOP, i would check-fold any of these unless villain makes a very small bet. betting is unappealing b/c any bet would have to be a push. on the flip side, if villain checks it down, you have some showdown value.

in position, i would check behind and spike a 5 outer.

deepsquat
03-23-2005, 04:00 AM
Bump- id also like to see some responses. Interesting topic.

cheers