PDA

View Full Version : You can't force an opponent out if he's committed.

MastiffPaul
03-21-2005, 11:29 PM
$10+1 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t835)
CO (t140)
Hero (t760)
SB (t1355)
BB (t240)
UTG (t1155)
UTG+1 (t1390)
UTG+2 (t485)
MP1 (t770)
MP2 (t870)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t90, MP3 folds.

Flop: (t315) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t315</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t750 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t325 (All-In).

Turn: (t1705) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t1705) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1705

Thoughts? I'm especially interested in the flop bet.

Deuce2High
03-21-2005, 11:38 PM
I fold AQ preflop here. About the flop bet I'm not too sure because I myself need some work on suited boards. However I probably would have bet smaller and see if he would call. This will keep the pot small and if the turn comes a blank I push the turn when he doesn't have odds to call.

citanul
03-21-2005, 11:40 PM
i'm mostly wondering what the hell the post has to do with the title? are you saying that your opponent was trying to push *you* out but you were committed?

i'd probably push that flop i guess in that spot.

eh, maybe not, but that's my first impulse. this doesn't leave you open to either trying to checkraise a single card flush draw out of the pot, and having him call correctly, or having the guy try to push you out when you'd rather just take down the pot. or something.

citanul

MastiffPaul
03-21-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm mostly wondering what the hell the post has to do with the title? are you saying that your opponent was trying to push *you* out but you were committed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm mostly making fun of my turn call. The only way I take this pot down after his all-in is if he's trying to scare me off, but I don't think I could have folded because I was tied to the pot by that point--wasn't I?

citanul
03-21-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm mostly making fun of my turn call. The only way I take this pot down after his all-in is if he's trying to scare me off, but I don't think I could have folded because I was tied to the pot by that point--wasn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

you were all in on the flop. thus, no call on the turn?

there's a lot of ways that you win this pot after his flop push. for instance, every time he has a flush draw and misses, you win. and every time he has a worse hand than you, and tried to push you out, or if he had some random ace with a diamond kicker, or if he had AJ or something like that, or whatever, you win most of the time.

just because a flush is possible, doesn't mean that your opponent always has it.

i'm pretty sure still that i push the flop. i'm not sure if i raise preflop though. i doubt it.

citanul

MastiffPaul
03-21-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you were all in on the flop. thus, no call on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, of course. I meant flop.