PDA

View Full Version : Calling a Raise with 89o from BB, 8-High Flop

Moozh
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I really don't like this one. I've been trying to loosen up as late. Today I've started to wonder if I'm overdoing it. Misplayed on every street? Quite possibly...

UTG is an Eagle by Bison's standards.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB

ThePenguin
03-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I would bet the river. Questionable PF call though. I'd be more fond of it if i was suited.

PassiveCaller
03-21-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure what three-betting really does on the flop except build a huge pot with a vulernable hand. Just call the reraise and check and see what develops on the turn.. Now If you are pretty sure you're opponents are on draws then it might be good to stop &amp; go and bet the turn... river is fine as played.

RyGreen18
03-21-2005, 10:31 PM
i dont like the PF call. i dont like the 3-bet on the flop, what does it accomplish? i would like it better if you have a diamond, b/c it could set up the free card play on the turn. river is fine, you would have to assume someone was drawing to a straight and i can't see anyone calling that doesnt have you beat...

PassiveCaller
03-21-2005, 10:37 PM
I didn't even address pre-flop but it's definitely on the fold side of the spectrum and leaning pretty well in that direction.

If there were a lot of predictable players that I'll be able to navigate my marginal hands with or loose players that'll pay me off when I hit big then it'll swing closer to call but you can't go wrong folding.