PDA

View Full Version : blood when I poo

stankybank
03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Yea, I know it's pretty disgusting but I just thought maybe someone out here has experienced the same.

Last night, I noticed that after the first wipe there was some red liquid on the paper. It looked like blood. What else could it be, right? I eat a lot of spicy food and had ulcer problems before. My crap was black and tarry back then which the doctors indicated was internal bleeding and thats how blood comes out sometimes because it travels slower or something like that. Anyhow, I got that fixed through medication although you can never really completely get rid of ulcers unless through surgery, and even then ulcers can reoccur. I should cut back on spicy foods but I'm asian and I love spicy food and I basically can't live without it.

Anyhow, any ideas on what I should do next?

Dynasty
03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Tell a doctor

2. Make a mental not to never tell us about this again.

stankybank
03-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna go to the doctor if this keeps happening but it hasn't. Actually, I get this type of thing maybe once every few months then it goes away. My stomach doesn't hurt at all, at least not abnormally. I wipe my ass a lot and profusely, bad habit I guess, but I'd say I at least wipe it over 10 times on average. Someone told me you can get hemorrhoids this way... any truth to this?

Asufiji2004
Could be a re-occuring ulcer, roid or serious gastrointestinal problem. Be safe see the doc.

Luv2DriveTT
See a doctor. SOON. Perhaps get a prostrate exam as well (I know it isn't a pleasent experiance, but its better than cancer). It could be just an ulcer, it could be far worse. Don't f around... see a doctor ASAP.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

wacki
03-21-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I get this type of thing maybe once every few months then it goes away

[/ QUOTE ]

See a doctor now.

Luv2DriveTT
03-21-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I get this type of thing maybe once every few months then it goes away.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a possible cancer symptom. See a doctor. Stat. 90% chance its nothing... don't be 10%.

astroglide
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
go to a doctor now

Luv2DriveTT
03-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Now its time for the stupid posts to commence!

Wacki - how do you keep blood from your stool? Looks mighty uncomfortable there! http://parazen.bio.indiana.edu/pullhead.gif

stankybank
03-21-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Could be a re-occuring ulcer, roid or serious gastrointestinal problem. Be safe see the doc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I figured it might be something like this. BTW, are you a doctor, speaking from experience, or just offering your opinion?

Anyhow, I've been pretty lazy about keeping my body in shape and basically I've been feeling like crap and treating my body like crap. Been stressing out a lot too.

I think this is a wake up call and need to get my [censored] straight before it gets life-threatening, if it isn't already... let's hope not.

stankybank
03-21-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I get this type of thing maybe once every few months then it goes away.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a possible cancer symptom. See a doctor. Stat. 90% chance its nothing... don't be 10%.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

ilya
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Meh, probably just 'roids. Wouldn't worry about it.

Disclaimer: I'm absolutely unqualified to give medical advice.

ethan
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I get this type of thing maybe once every few months then it goes away

[/ QUOTE ]

See a doctor now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chairman Wood
03-21-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't wipe so hard and get softer TP.

mr pink
?

wacki
[ QUOTE ]
Now its time for the stupid posts to commence!

Wacki - how do you keep blood from your stool? Looks mighty uncomfortable there! http://parazen.bio.indiana.edu/pullhead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.tidfor2.no/files/large/3100000346.jpg

astroglide
03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
thank you for sparing me on that one.

MaxPower
03-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Go to the doctor of course.

It could be hemmoroids.

wacki
03-21-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you for sparing me on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea how close I was to using your old avatar.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stankybank
03-21-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not much. Not like crazy amounts of blood but more than a couple drops amount.

Anyhow, I did a quick search on google just now and it seems as though the general consensus is that it's something pretty serious and should be checked out. Just to be safe I'm gonna get it checked out from a doctor. I'm kinda scared now...

wacki
03-21-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did a quick search on google

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.jazzinhell.com/images/clapping.gif

TBag
03-21-2005, 10:13 PM
I think the general rule is that if it's bright red, then it's probably roids and closer to the poop chute. What you really need to be careful for (and the reason they sell blood testers for stool) is the dark red/blackish that occurs when you're bleeding on the inside and the blood dries.

Disclaimer - I also am not a qualified doctor, just sayin what I know.

nef
03-21-2005, 10:15 PM
If its red blood its probably from your butt. If its dark red/black and nasty poop that means its digested blood which is from your stomach etc.

lu_hawk
03-21-2005, 10:15 PM
bright red blood is not a big deal, it indicates that the blood is fresh and has come out right near the exit, most likely some sort of tear that will heal up.

but dark, tarry blood is very bad. it indicates the blood is not fresh, it is coming from somewhere farther on the inside and could be a serious problem. if you blood is dark then you need to go the ER IMMEDIATELY, this is nothing to mess around with.

Eihli
03-21-2005, 10:33 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, MMMYYYY AANNUUUUUSSS IS BLEEEEEDDIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!

wacki
03-21-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.sobequest.org/images/sex.jpg

found via

http://images.google.com/images?q=bleeding+anus&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

4thstreetpete
03-21-2005, 10:42 PM
hey thanks for bringing up this topic. I know it's not easy.
I have the same problem when I wiped my butt recently. The fact is I wipe it like a madman too until it's clean. Recently I've been noticing some bright red blood stains on my tissue but not a lot.
Needless to say I'm scared shitless (no pun intended). I'm pretty sure it's from a tear somewhere and that's where the blood is coming from and it has seems to heal.

I know this is bad that I don't go see a doctor. I don't think it's the embarassment as much as the fact that I'm the kind of guy that is really scared to see a doctor. I rather not find out if there were something really wrong.

BTW, can spicy food cause ulcers? I eat really really spicy.

Tyler Durden
03-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I have to wonder why the OP would consult 2+2 members instead of a doctor. Cmon, who is more likely to know the best course of action?

Tyler Durden
03-21-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Tell a doctor

2. Make a mental not to never tell us about this again.

[/ QUOTE ]

pshreck
03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to wonder why the OP would consult 2+2 members instead of a doctor. Cmon, who is more likely to know the best course of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought its funny that its clearly a regular poster who was too embarrassed to admit he had this problem, yet still thought it was important enough to get advice from 2+2 that he created a new account.

wacki
03-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Somehow, I don't this this is OP's first account.

nolanfan34
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Nice locator wacki. Shouldn't it just be "diagnosing cancer?"

wacki
03-21-2005, 11:13 PM
lol. No, I am in the lab right now literally trying to find a cure for cancer. So my location is completely accurate.

astroglide
03-22-2005, 12:09 AM
as the others said, if it's red the problem is probably close to the surface. don't spend any time reading/relaxing/etc on the toilet, just do your business and go. wet your toilet paper in the sink, use baby wipes, or (this is probably best but also a huge pain) take a shower after you go. for a little while, then see how things go again. it's like any other tear, you don't want to mess with it. dry paper isn't too friendly.

BradleyT
03-22-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have the same problem when I wiped my butt recently. The fact is I wipe it like a madman too until it's clean. Recently I've been noticing some bright red blood stains on my tissue but not a lot.
Needless to say I'm scared shitless (no pun intended). I'm pretty sure it's from a tear somewhere and that's where the blood is coming from and it has seems to heal.

I know this is bad that I don't go see a doctor. I don't think it's the embarassment as much as the fact that I'm the kind of guy that is really scared to see a doctor. I rather not find out if there were something really wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you sit on your ass for long periods of time?

MaxPower
03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a poker player, of course he does.

kerssens
03-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Probably better than poo when you bleed.

4thstreetpete
03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes sir. What does that have to do with anything?

edtost
03-22-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, MMMYYYY AANNUUUUUSSS IS BLEEEEEDDIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

jcx
03-22-2005, 01:40 AM
It could be one of many things. I assume you are young. If that is the case it is extremely unlikely that it is cancer. Most likely it is a hemorrhoid or possibly you tore yourself up a little bit if you strained during a BM.

It could also mean you have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's). I have been living with UC for 5 years now and it's no picnic (And there's no cure other than complete removal of the colon - not my idea of a 'cure'). It started with blood on the toilet paper. Not saying that's what you have but you should get checked. I ignored it for a long time and it shredded me pretty bad - ended up in surgery. Would've been much better for me had I seen a doctor earlier. Good luck.

Arsene Lupin III
03-22-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It could also mean you have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's). I have been living with UC for 5 years now and it's no picnic (And there's no cure other than complete removal of the colon - not my idea of a 'cure'). It started with blood on the toilet paper. Not saying that's what you have but you should get checked. I ignored it for a long time and it shredded me pretty bad - ended up in surgery. Would've been much better for me had I seen a doctor earlier. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have crohn's and there have been periods where this was a daily occurence. I'm working on my diet, tho, and remicade helps.