PDA

View Full Version : Q8o Hitting my high card and check folding to a single bet.

Schizo
03-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Villian is 25.5/1.16 with aggros of 1/8/0 over 86 hands

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
check the flop. raise if you can force a significant portion of the field to face two cold.

Nick C
03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
I might've just checked the flop to see what developed. On a board like that one, even if you're ahead, there are a lot of ways you could go on to lose. I have second pair, it's true, but I really don't like my hand a whole lot.

I like it even less after I've been called in three places and a third diamond falls on the turn.

I think the turn check-fold is fine.

Hmm. Well, except that I see Villain's turn aggro is very high, which makes me tempted to call.

I still don't think the fold is bad, though.

Hoi Polloi
03-21-2005, 09:56 PM
I think ErrantNight's line is okay. But I'm not very eager to put $$ in with MPNK and all these opponents.

I hate these "free plays" from the blinds that catch a little piece of the flop. Great opportunities to loose money.

Depending on game/opponents I can throw this thing away at the first opportunity.

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 09:59 PM
if the bet comes from early position, or there's a number of cold callers, then you fold. that's part of the check with the intention of raising line.