PDA

View Full Version : I get sassy with KJo vs. a TAG

PokerBob
03-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Villain here ia a TAG. Limpers are retards, so I thought I'd get a little LAGgy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ???????

How do you handle this?

DiamondDave
03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I dunno about raising two limpers with an offsuit hand as weak as KJo when you don't have the button. But you did it, and you have top two pair on the turn, and it looks very unlikely that your opponents has a set. Cap the turn and bet the river unless it is an ace.

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 09:36 PM
i'm not ready to give credit to a set yet.

might our tag be raising for a free showdown? or he picked up a flush draw (!?)

but your flop c/r was pretty strong.

i'm not sure if stop 'n' go or 3-bet is better.

i'm inclined to say the latter, but i'm willing to listen to criticism.

Nick C
03-21-2005, 09:38 PM
With KJo in the CO after two bad limpers, I don't think raising with KJo is LAGgy.

Hmm. The turn. I guess I'd 3-bet. I doubt Button would 3-bet preflop with 33 or 22. So we're worried about KK and JJ, mostly, and there's exactly one combination of each of those possible.

All the same, he would quite likely play this way with those hands. I think he'll have AK more often, though.

Hoi Polloi
03-21-2005, 09:49 PM
Pre-flop and turn suggest villain has AA, AK, KK or JJ. The latter two beat you but are less likely since 2 of each are already out there.

I would re-raise the turn and bet the river unless it comes an ace or /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Why be a LAG on the flop if you're not going to follow through? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerBob
03-22-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain here ia a TAG. Limpers are retards, so I thought I'd get a little LAGgy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ???????

How do you handle this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this weak-tight.

I called the turn and river, afraid of KK and JJ. Villain showed AA. Ugh. I feel shame.

gaming_mouse
03-22-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I called the turn and river, afraid of KK and JJ. Villain showed AA. Ugh. I feel shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line is only really bad if you know for sure that he would play AA and AK this way.

Otherwise I think it's pretty close.

PokerBob
03-22-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your line is only really bad if you know for sure that he would play AA and AK this way.

Otherwise I think it's pretty close.

[/ QUOTE ]

But I knew he was a TAG. If I'm him, I pop the turn with AA just like he did. I think my fear was that if he capped the turn, I wouldn't be able to let it go. My postflop play bites.