PDA

View Full Version : might be interesting

mr pink
03-21-2005, 08:54 PM
3/6

anyone involved in the hand is loose passive except the villain who is probably around a TAZ in pokertracker.

dealt 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the CO

1 fold, utg+1 limps, 2 folds, villain raises in the hijack, i cold call, button calls, sb folds, bb calls, limper calls.

flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif - 5 players - 10.5 sbs

checked to me, i bet, button calls, bb calls, limper folds, TAZ calls.

turn: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif - 4 players - 7ish big bets

checked to me, i check, button checks.

river: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif - 4 players

checked to me, i bet.

yeah?

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 08:57 PM
not crazy about the cold-call, but it seemed to work out just fine.

uddawise, nh.

mr pink
03-21-2005, 08:59 PM
why cause of the relative position?

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 09:02 PM
position and the passivity and the number of limpers ahead of the raiser.

mr pink
03-21-2005, 09:05 PM
ehh... i guess it's kinda marginal but i felt ok with it at the time.

ErrantNight
03-21-2005, 09:06 PM
was just saying... particularly with the propensity of laps to limp along after you when you cold-call it's prolly fine...

ThePenguin
03-21-2005, 09:09 PM
I like it. I think many posters will be upset with your call PF, but it's debatable. Good post-flop could make up for any negative value your cold-call may or may not have. If pre-flop raiser has a J or an overpair, he will bet out 99% of the time. I think you're good. nice hand

Argus
03-21-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. I think many posters will be upset with your call PF, but it's debatable. Good post-flop could make up for any negative value your cold-call may or may not have. If pre-flop raiser has a J or an overpair, he will bet out 99% of the time. I think your good. nice hand

[/ QUOTE ]
The preflop call is fine against players like this who will definitely pay off enough when a five hits.

The hijacker is not calling down with an overpair that beats you, so I think this hand is well played because villain made it so easy for you. The harder decision is if villain bets into you on this flop. In that case I raise hoping to clear the field and see a showdown headsup against Ax.

mr pink
03-21-2005, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The harder decision is if villain bets into you on this flop. In that case I raise hoping to clear the field and see a showdown headsup against Ax.

[/ QUOTE ]

you got it.