PDA

View Full Version : AT65 of hearts clear fold?

royaltrux
03-21-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm a O8 newbie and was wondering if the above hand was clear fold in almost any situation. It would seem so since 4 of your suits are used up and you really don't have any prime low cards.

comments welcome.

toots
03-21-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm a newbie, too, but I personally sure wouldn't waste any time in folding that hand. The only exception is free from the BB, or maybe for a minimal completion out of a 2/3 small blind.

03-21-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a O8 newbie and was wondering if the above hand was clear fold in almost any situation. It would seem so since 4 of your suits are used up and you really don't have any prime low cards.

comments welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

El foldo.

TGoldman
03-22-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

comments welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

El foldo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Y no es closo

MaxSquat
03-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Fold you will (yoda-ism)

chaos
03-22-2005, 09:03 AM
With four hearts in your hand you will make a flush about once every 25 hands. You need a 2, a 3, and a 4 to make a nut low. Both of these are too much of a long shot.

Fold.

neuroman
03-22-2005, 01:01 PM
The only hands I would play 4 to a suit on would be ones with excellent lows, like A23X, A24X, or A35X.

toots
03-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Tangentially, alls I wanna know is why I tend to get dealt hole trips in O8 about three times more often than I make trips by 4th street in stud.

Oh, because they're EFFING USELESS! that's why.

*sigh*

Sorry for the tangent. Just a little frustrated.

TGoldman
03-22-2005, 03:18 PM
yeah, and damnit why does it seem so easy to get my A2 lows counterfeited in O8, but i can't seem to pair my AK on the turn/river in hold'em??

bigredlemon
03-22-2005, 11:46 PM
I spent most of yesterday making 4-pair with A234 etc. You still til the end and end up with bottom 2 pair. 4 low cards on the flop and I can't even make low. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ilya
03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
DISCLAIMER: I have about 100 hands' worth of PLO/8 experience. I'm only posting this to find out whether my thinking is sensible.

I would fold for the reasons you mention, and also because the hand doesn't even have much high potential to compensate for its weaknesses (yes there is the nut flush draw, but as you've pointed out, two of your outs are lying dead right in your hand).

Also, the straights you can make with the 56 are crappy. If there is no low possible, you will have the ignorant end of the straight. If it's not the ignorant end, there will be a low possible and you won't win it. This is if the board isn't paired. If the board IS paired you're in trouble anyway.

Another thing decreasing the value of your straight possibilities is the fact that if there's a non-heart flush draw on the flop, you never have any cards of that suit playing anti-flush defense.