PDA

View Full Version : Have fun with this hand.

mungpo
03-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Villian is Weak-Tight.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

MrWookie47
03-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I've gotta wonder just what you were thinking here on every street. Would a weak tight villain raise with any hand you'd want to be up against with 86s, even if you did have postion? Would your villain be the kind of player who would bet the flop with a UI AKo? Did you think you could push him off his hand by raising with a crappy top pair and a couple of weak back door draws? Were you trying for a free card that you then decided not to take? What better hands would the villain fold on the turn, and particularly the river, and what worse hands would he call with?

I think the only play I remotely agree with is betting the turn after your flop raise, and even that is questionable.

btspider
03-21-2005, 07:15 PM
a weak tighty doesn't bet the flop and call the river with Ace high.. either fold flop reverse implied odds style or check behind on the river.

riffraff
03-21-2005, 07:26 PM
based on your description I'd check the river.

mungpo
03-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Sorry folks, was looking at the wrong player. Villian is Loose-Passive. He likes to call down a lot of hands.

oLyphant
03-21-2005, 07:34 PM
IF you're raising/betting the flop/turn with what you think is most likely not the best hand, a check behind on the river would be better..it's dangerous to bet because you have to wonder why they're calling every bet..and its probably better than your hand

Dave G.
03-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I'd fold this preflop. Even if it was a steal attempt (in this case it isn't), this is a hand that has only marginal value at best... against a weak-tight raise, I wouldn't even think of playing it.

Zoelef
03-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Now that I realize that Hero's in the BB, I like this hand. If the SB is LP he probably has either a high pocket pair or an Ace-Face. Until he reacts to your post-flop agression it's more logical to put him on Ace-Face, but in the words of Ed Miller, don't expect your opponents to act logically.

Maybe it's the weak-tightie within talking, but checking through on the river isn't terrible.

mungpo
03-21-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Until he reacts to your post-flop agression it's more logical to put him on Ace-Face, but in the words of Ed Miller, don't expect your opponents to act logically.

[/ QUOTE ]
When he just called my reraise on the flop, it seemed logical to me that he had over cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's the weak-tightie within talking, but checking through on the river isn't terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]
I probably should have checked on the river, but I felt like he didn't have anything.

Shillx
03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Villian is Weak-Tight.

You just got walked. Why did you bet the river against a weak-tight opponent that called the turn? It is pretty obvious that he either has an overpair and will call or overcards and will fold.

Brad

mungpo
03-21-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry folks, was looking at the wrong player. Villian is Loose-Passive. He likes to call down a lot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

milesdyson
03-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Try hard not to post the wrong reads, and always preview your post and the hand to make sure you're getting everything right.

I still check the river through even given your new read.

mungpo
03-21-2005, 08:27 PM
I usually proof read and preview before I post. Didn't catch my mistake until it was posted.

wabe
03-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Looks like you scared the hell out of someone with [KQ]6. LP naked ace would be along for the ride as well.

(Originally thought that 88/99 might get spooked here by a raise, but I don't buy that any more.)

Decent play, but I don't know about the preflop call or the river bet. The turn bet gives you a free river card; I would take it here.