PDA

View Full Version : AA on QQ2 flop... I smell a rat!

DavidC
03-21-2005, 05:47 PM
Button is TAP. SB is SLPP.

On the flop, before SB checked, he paused a few moments. When he cold-called the flop, that meant to me that he either had trips or a straight or flush draw. The call was almost instant, so I was fairly afraid that I was against trips.

On the turn, I wanted to give the button a chance to bet to see how the SB reacted.

With a Q, SB would come alive on this river, so I bet it.

Two questions:
-Should I have bet the turn? If so, how do I deal with a raise from a passive opponent?
-How do I deal with a raise on this river from the TAP? How about from the SB?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

tiltaholic
03-21-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the flop, before SB checked, he paused a few moments. When he cold-called the flop, that meant to me that he either had trips or a straight or flush draw. The call was almost instant, so I was fairly afraid that I was against trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not put too much faith in these reads. actually, i don't think about them at all.

[ QUOTE ]
-Should I have bet the turn? If so, how do I deal with a raise from a passive opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would. If raised, I'd call down.

[ QUOTE ]
How do I deal with a raise on this river from the TAP? How about from the SB?

[/ QUOTE ]
if it's 2 back to me on the river, i'd likely fold -- but i'm calling one.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

KaiShin
03-21-2005, 05:58 PM
I think I would 3-bet the flop, and lead the turn here if Button does not cap. Somebody is likely donating here, so you can take advantage of that.

Edit: I guess I should have answered your questions too. If SB or Button raises the turn, I call down from there. I call a river raise from either SB or Button. If both SB and Button raise, I'd fold it.

DavidC
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
I agree. You can't give betting tempo as much importance on internet poker: they could be on the phone / whatnot.

Also, I should qualify the river question with "... given the existing turn action..."

DavidC
03-21-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I would 3-bet the flop, and lead the turn here if Button does not cap. Somebody is likely donating here, so you can take advantage of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason to 3-bet here is if I think I've likely got the best hand: if opponent #1 had 32o and #2 had a Q, my equity does not improve with the 32o guy folding, and I lose money even when they call. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Calling the flop raise and betting the turn is an option: it puts pressure on someone with a flush or straight draw.

--Dave.