PDA

View Full Version : The Contender

SuitedSixes
03-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Another good week, not as enjoyable because of the emotions. It was just tough watching Najai playing with his daughter and talking about how she keeps him from giving up when you knew what was coming . . .

I think I am going to contribute to her trust fund.

1/2 of the final 8 is set and it will be interesting to see how Manfredo handles his 2nd chance. I think the vote was a mix of "Manfredo because he's a good guy" and "Reid because he can be beaten." Interesting stuff.

jack spade23
03-21-2005, 05:56 PM
I felt awful at the end of the show. Otherwise it was a good fight. the seconed round Najai destroyed the west guy, but just stopped after that. I bet the west guy feels crappy. I think that Majai killed himself in between tapings, outside the house he was staying at that NBC put him and his family up in, and it must have been soon after he lost.

astroglide
03-21-2005, 05:59 PM
i started watching with last episode's fight. very good show. wish it was broadcast in hd.

SuitedSixes
03-21-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I felt awful at the end of the show. Otherwise it was a good fight. the seconed round Najai destroyed the west guy, but just stopped after that. I bet the west guy feels crappy. I think that Majai killed himself in between tapings, outside the house he was staying at that NBC put him and his family up in, and it must have been soon after he lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Najai was going to knock him out in the 2nd round. I know that he killed himself in Philadelphia, not in LA. I think the guy was on the road to something like this anyway, if your life is so tough you've got to sleep under the bed or in the closet you are a long way from content.

Popinjay
03-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Incredible ep last night, this is quite possibly the best reality show ever.

ethan
03-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Just watched it. I've liked the show from the beginning, but this episode was brutal knowing what was coming at the end. His family being there made it difficult to watch.

SuitedSixes
03-21-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Incredible ep last night, this is quite possibly the best reality show ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

NBC has done a poor job marketing this show. I can't believe it doesn't have more buzz than it does.

willie
03-21-2005, 10:21 PM
this was teh first episode that i saw

definitely pretty sad

-dude was GAAAASSED after the second round though.

BWebb
03-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Just got done watching it. That is some emotion stuff right there. Not only was it sad when he was playing with his daughter, but also when he was talking to the lady in the office. You could just see he was a tortured soul. I wish his family the best.